the guy we should be drafting

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

What I'm saying is that we should have one player in mind and a good idea of where he will be picked (at least by the time the first 2 players have been selected and we're on the clock). We shouldn't drop lower than the first possible spot that player will be chosen. So making a trade with the number 5 slot may not be in our best interest if our top choice is the Brick since its very likely the Jets might nab him at 4.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think we have 3.5 players in mind -- Young, Bush, Leinart, Cutler/Ferguson, the last of which is being evaluated closely this week. It's not out of this world to take Ferguson, but a)Roos is a deal and a half at tackle, IMO. Depends on if they think Ferguson will cause Roos to be wasted on the right, or if those two will be bookends for years to come; b)Bush, like I said yesterday, I think, will be the dilithium crystal to Chow's Starship "Enterprise" - I think our O will transform into everything Chow's offense portended for it to be, and c)we have the undreamt of chance to get one of three possible franchise QBs, which in all likelihood we won't have next year. You have to consider just the raw odds of getting one in the door at the right time.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I hope I get some trekkie love for that crystal/enterprise analogy. That was genius, y'all.

=-O

There's my "Enterprise" smilie. Better recognize.

Where all da Trekkies at! j/k Y'all can keep quiet.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Second-hand but I have no doubt Palmer's arm is better. Again, does that make Palmer the better QB overall? Time will tell.

The bulk of stuff I read on Chow's opinion on Leinart was right after he accepted the job here. Everything, as expected, was glowing. He talked about his leadership and ability to make the reads so well.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Did you read the stuff he said about Cutler yesterday in Mortensen's article? Mort also said he expected cutler to be the first qb taken. It was pretty extreme. I was just glad that Chow's getting some good time in with him, so if he is that good, we know it and can pick him up...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar