the guy we should be drafting

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm going to back you up here

a few months back during an interview (not sure if it was 104 or 106) but they were interviewing Chow. they asked him if Matt was there @ #3 would they take him and he said "probably not", he also went on to say that Matt is a rung or two lower on the QB ladder than Carson.

i just did a google search for the transcript and couldn't find it
    sorry Jeff, no concrete proof; but believe me, Norm isn't overwhelmed

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I have a hard time believing Chow would say this even if he felt that way. If he did, then it was an unprofessional comment to make.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i agree

don't quote me word for word, but it made enough of an impact on me to remember that he wasn't as high on Matt as he was on Carson

4. titansterror

titansterror Camp Fodder

Absolutely no way is Brick a third pick. Number one, listen to the Gallery take previously posted. Number two, quarterback, running back, and linebacker are more urgent at the present time, given returning players.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you guys do know that gallery is starting at RT because their original LT is playing at a pretty high level, right? it's not like he sucks the big one and doesnt have the foot speed to play on the left side.

and i dont see how runningback is a more pressing need since we have two guys under 26 who have rushed for over 1,000 yards in their careers when we have a 35 year old left tackle who might retire.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Neither can I see Brick or Hawk at #3, not this year.

If we can get our QB, now is the perfect time to do it. Forecasting McNair with 2 more years or so being our starter, you can ease him out next year and plug in our rookie in the 4th if ever we have a lead. Now is the time to make the transition at QB.

Running game being suspect, if Bush is available, meaning in all reasonable likelihood both QBs are gone, he will add an electrifying dimension to our offense in general. Again, he is a burner in both the running game and passing game. (How's this for an analogy?) He would be the dilithium crystal to Chow's "Enterprise." Can't pass on that either.

We have Roos, who has the talent to play the left side, and may be better suited there in the end than at RT. Hopkins could always play another year if necessary, and the draft is fairly deep at the position.

Linebacker is clearly a priority, but like offensive tackle, there is depth in this draft - maybe moreso. Also, we can consider veteran help here.

Taking Hawk or Ferguson at #3 would be foolish this year if we could fall back a spot or three and still get one of them and an extra pick or two.

Again, keep in mind, you can sell the #3 pick as though it were #1 this year. Why give that up unless you have to? And why would you have to?

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I understand how a top tackle helps our offense, but who says he has to be our first pick? As nice as it is, he isn't the only option. Running back, IMHO, this year is more shallow at the top than OT. You've got 4 top notch RBs, and I'm not sure what you've really got with #4 (Maroney).

And whatever about Chris and Travis - if you've got someone more suited to the O, take him, and lose one of the other guys. Trade one if you can, and fill another hole.

Trading back is the only way we take Ferguson, and in all likelihood, that means the Jets, who could really say no if they wanted to, which would either force us to take D'Brick at #3 (no) leaving a steal for NYJ (double no) or trading back out of reach (aw hellllll no, for fans of Brick at 3) forcing us to refocus on another player set altogther, which might actually happen. The first two probably won't.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im not saying draft ferguson at #3, in fact im against drafting tackles in the top 5. i just didnt understand why everyone was so down on gallery.

9. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

But you're grading the prospects based on what other teams might do. We need to pick the best player for our team that's available. Get another pick out of a team if possible, but that shouldn't factor into the final decision if no one bites.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

That's a key ...... best for OUR team :winker:

oh someone will bite..... there's a consoderable drop off in talent around #5
    and there's even a drop in 4&5 (Fergy / Hawk)
    someone will want to move up to 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar