The GREATEST TITAN EVER Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Dude I don't know. Some people here are stupid, I bet most people don't even remember the guy. He was, for a very short time, one of the best backs in the league. Guy was as fluid of a runner I had seen before injuries took their toll.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Maybe they think he's the same guy that beat up Rihanna.

That sh*t was just foreplay anyways!

3. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Really?? So he led the league in YPC but only managed to run for 1067 yds, 6 TD's but also 6 fumbles. And that's his best season as a titan? And you don't understand the hate?

My one memory of Chris Brown was in the 2007 playoffs against the chargers. We are driving down the field and this dude fumbles. San Diego ends up punting but for some reason after that fumble I knew we were not going to win. **** Chris Brown.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yep. Still don't understand the hate. I remember all of the stuff you mentioned, but it still doesn't explain some of the irrational hate.

We were not going to win that SD game regardless of that fumble. We had absolutely nothing left to give in the 2nd half and VY was so rattled that he wanted to be taken out of the game. But yes, that sucked.

Crumpler's was far worse though - and did change the outcome of a game that actually mattered (because we had no chance of doing anything in 2007). So where is the Crumpler hate?

People remember a couple of bad plays before they remember all the good ones, I guess. I am usually the opposite, thankfully.

5. RTH

RTH Meh...

I remember that Brown seemed to break off long runs a LOT. But was still consistent. If not for being injured all the time, we'd be saying "CJ who..?"

6. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Since you mentioned CJ, he did more in his first 2 seasons then Chris Brown did in his entire career. But he had some long runs so...

Back to the game, I didn't vote Chris Brown off because I hate him, I voted him off simply because he is not "The Greatest Titan Ever"

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Chris Brown broke a few records, also.

The people that hate him are probably younger guys that weren't really fans when he was around.

Dude was consistently getting close to 100 yards per HALF there for a while. Would sit the rest of the game because of injuries after doing damage.

Also- 1,000 yards back then actually meant something.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Keith Bulluck +1
    Steve McNair -1

Rob Bironas – 7
    Blaine Bishop – 7
    Chris Brown – 3
    Keith Bulluck – 9
    Kevin Carter – 6
    Kerry Collins – 6
    Kevin Dyson – 5
    Cortland Finnegan – 6
    Al Del Greco – 3
    Eddie George – 11
    Albert Haynesworth – 6
    Matt Hasselbeck – 6
    Craig Hentrich – 7
    Brad Hopkins - 6
    Chris Johnson – 6
    Pacman Jones – 4
    Jevon Kearse – 8
    Jake Locker – 6
    Derrick Mason – 7
    Bruce Mathews – 7
    Kevin Mawae – 6
    Steve McNair – 11
    Fred Miller – 6
    Donny Nickey – 4
    Lorenzo Neil – 6
    Neil O’Donnel – 5
    Benji Olson – 6
    Samari Rolle – 9
    Michael Roos – 6
    Robaire Smith – 5
    Michael Griffin– 7
    Kyle Vanden Bosch – 7
    Alterann Verner – 6
    Frank Wycheck – 8
    Nate Washington – 6
    Kendall Wright - 8

Reasoning: KB was under-appreciated by all- even Titans fans, it seems. While Keith was constantly leading the league or being close in tackles... that makes him elite at his position. Consistently.

However, Steve McNair wasn't elite. He gets all his praise for being "a warrior". Excuses don't make you a better player. His career was mediocre and he was a mediocre quarter back. Best Titan of all time? I sure hope not.

9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Chris Brown Career rushing stats:
    68 games, 722 attempts, 3024 yards, 19 TD's, 13 fumbles, 15 20+ yard runs, longest run 52 yards.

Chris Johnson his first 2 years rushing stats: 31 games, 609 attempts, 3234 yards, 23 TD's, 4 fumbles, 31 20+ yard runs, longest run 91 yards.

Guarantee most of you who don't understand the Chris Brown hate, are also the ones who couldn't wait for CJ to be gone.

10. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Keith Bulluck +1
    Alterann Verner -1

Rob Bironas – 7
    Blaine Bishop – 7
    Chris Brown – 3
    Keith Bulluck – 10
    Kevin Carter – 6
    Kerry Collins – 6
    Kevin Dyson – 5
    Cortland Finnegan – 6
    Al Del Greco – 3
    Eddie George – 11
    Albert Haynesworth – 6
    Matt Hasselbeck – 6
    Craig Hentrich – 7
    Brad Hopkins - 6
    Chris Johnson – 6
    Pacman Jones – 4
    Jevon Kearse – 8
    Jake Locker – 6
    Derrick Mason – 7
    Bruce Mathews – 7
    Kevin Mawae – 6
    Steve McNair – 11
    Fred Miller – 6
    Donny Nickey – 4
    Lorenzo Neil – 6
    Neil O’Donnel – 5
    Benji Olson – 6
    Samari Rolle – 9
    Michael Roos – 6
    Robaire Smith – 5
    Michael Griffin– 7
    Kyle Vanden Bosch – 7
    Alterann Verner – 5
    Frank Wycheck – 8
    Nate Washington – 6
    Kendall Wright - 8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar