The great american hope! RED ALERT!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RollTide, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

You've obviously never been hit in the face by 10oz gloves by someone who knows what they're doing...:rolleyes:

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Boxing is fine, it just has no interest from the mainstream viewer. The decline of talent in the heavyweight division has something to do with it, but other weight classes (Light Heavy, Super Mids, Welterweight, and Junior Lights all come to mind) are rich in talent right now. I could care less if most people would like to watch MMA, I still prefer boxing.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Clown gloves? See, in boxing big gloves are needed, because there's less laying on the ground and more punching. And these guys can actually punch. They aren't random people that just up and decided to fight professionally (most mma fighters).
    And in boxing, people DIE from punches. MMA, nobody dies, because getting hit once in the face, and then cuddling on the ground really isnt that dangerous.

And yeah, the weight divisions is a huge problem.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

for once, I agree with you gloat.. It wouldn't let me high five though, I've given up too much rep in the past 24 hrs. or something..I'm a rep-monger.

5. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Hmmm...I used to be HUGE into boxing. Used to watch Friday night fights religiously. Loved Roy Jones, was devastated when he got beat down by Tarver. Literally was upset for a few days.

One of the reasons boxing is garbage is because there is no central control. No COMMISH, no unified belt, ect.

Another reason that I shyed away from boxing is from the judges decisions. Seems like every 3rd fight the judges get wrong. It became a joke to watch a great fight, and then see the wrong guy win.

Maybe it is just because I am military, but every time there is a UFC fight, a few different parties break out, and someone is always ordering it. It has tons of fan fare, and the TOP guys are not American. Repeat, NOT AMERICAN. George St Pierre, Silva, ect. Fighters from all over the world.

And if you think that people "come of the street" to fight in the UFC, you are wrong there too.

And if you think that there is no SKILL to MMA, then I challenge you to watch some of the TOP jujitsu fighters, then get back to me. It is a pure Art form to get someone in a triangle choke from the ground.

Boxing is a beautiful sport. I wish it could get its act together so I could get back into it. But right now it seems like pure Choas. Even the boxing in the Olympics were a joke. Scoring was ludicrous.

Both are great sports. But to disrespect the MMA fighters is ignorant. Go into a card with an open mind, and look at some of the pure skill and talent that these fighters put into it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I miss this guy:
    [​IMG]

He was a complete A hole. But I loved it. Boxing doesn't have the same flare it used to.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:stupid:

:ha:

You realize MMA has already been on network tv, right? :grrhee:

8. Alex1939

WRONG.

I sparred with several people involved in knoxville boxing tournaments.

Doesn't change the fact you are getting hit with clown gloves. That's what makes MMA punches better. You aren't getting softer impacts, you are getting the real thing.

9. Alex1939

Ridiculous. Of course you get hit more in the face. You can take more because of the huge ****ing clown gloves that spread the impact.

No **** more people die from boxing because it's much more dangerous to take repeated blows to the head.

It's still not as strategic as MMA. Where you actually have something to worry about besides punches.

And people have died in MMA, it's just less common.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

EkiteXC failed....although they had the HOTTEST mma fighter I have ever seen, and she is good. GINA CARANO..http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=Gina Carano&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

They pinned their hopes on a street fighter and got burned. I thought the fights were good, they just didnt have the big names.

Is SPIKE considered network tv?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar