The GoTitans "Pet Pics" Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Meet Molly and Maggie

Molly "the wonder dog", is a rescue Brindle Boxer, Maggie "the Iron Lady" is also a Boxer. Best buddies, except when they are not. BOXERS RULE, cats drool, except 2 bob, he's pretty cool. Hey that rhymed.

Attached Files:

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

When I got out of the military the first thing I was set on getting was a dog. I was dead set on getting a German Shepherd or an English Bulldog. My ex convinced me into going to the shelter just to see if they happened to have anything I might like.

At this point in time, I was convinced that only mangy, sickly, annoying dogs were sent to a shelter. I was floored when I walked in, told them I wanted a puppy, and was sent to one of two different rooms FULL of kennels filled with young pups. Some not even old enough to adopt yet. I just could not understand who would do something like that.

I understand, accidents happen and you can't take care of puppies, I am sure puppies get adopted at a very good rate. But not the two I adopted. Sage was with her whole liter, which they found in a ditch somewhere. Toki was found somewhere in Mississippi all by himself. Both were about 13 weeks when I adopted them.

Walking into that shelter literally changed my life. Going to a shelter will be my first place to look for a new pet. Not here to preach or anything, but if you have never been, its worth going just to see how packed these places are.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

totally agree. Never did it until like 2 weeks ago. Went to HappyTales in Franklin and was intent on fostering, but I knew there is no way we would be able too let the dog go. I picked out a Boston Terrier. Will never buy another pet again. Dont get me wrong Heisenberg was not free, but the adoption fee was under $200 and it opened up another slot for them too take another dog into their shelter and they got some $s to keep their doors open, plus the family now has a dog again

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

High-five for naming a dog Heisenberg.

And every dog I've ever had has come from a shelter or was stray and that's the way it will always be.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Shelters are great places to start looking for your pets, stay away from pet stores, they're evil!

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

That is the cutest ugly cat I've seen.

I've done a lot of homework on those cats, and if you ever do get one, be ready to treat it like a dog.

7. JCBRAVE

This is "Jeff Fisher", he's 1 3/8 years old

[​IMG]

8. JCBRAVE

His brother Titan

[​IMG]

9. JCBRAVE

Blitz again

[​IMG]

10. JCBRAVE

Titan as a kitten

[​IMG]

These are my kids cats BTW, I'd prefer a dog, but one that has a mute button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar