The Good, The Bad....The Ugly.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

sweet i loved his game posts
    ________
    BLUETEC

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually he was brought in to fill the void left by the departure of Carr in the return game. Considering Jones is good for nothing outside of being a return guy we should have high expectations in that area. Nobody expects him to be Hester or Cribbs but if the FO didn't think he was solid there would be no reason to bring him in. To make the team he better be better than anyone else we have or it isn't worth keeping him.

Although we didn't give him a huge contract we did give him a two year contract so the expectations are he is a solid return guy that fills a void. No way they brought him in expecting him to struggle to make the team IMO. They brought him in to solve a problem.

3. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Yeah he hasn't shown anything to prove he should be our return guy...

Maybe chalk it up to his time being injured and needing to get back in the groove of things. But if he doesn't show up and bring his A game for the last preseason game, then cut him and let Ringer take the job.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I wouldn't call that great. Solid...not great.

Again, CJ finishing with less than 4ypc can hardly go in the good category.

Not to sound negative, but you say they had a great outing by having productive games? To me productive is solid.

If our tackling, DT ply versus the run and pass, and our secondary beyond our starting 4 improve, our defense will see a precipitous drop from last year's rankings and again...a LOT more pressure will be put on Collins to carry the offense...which in his career has meant more turnovers.

He didn't make a bad decision to throw it to that receiver, he made a bad decision to try to complete it given that he couldn't set his feet and his momentum is going away from the receiver. It wasn't like he's on the run moving in the receiver's direction. If he can't set his feet, he needs to throw it away. I also wouldn't like the playcall for a regular season game as you have the very real potential for a sack, fumble or INT. For pre-season, it's good to put our guys under pressure to see how they will respond.

As for the fumble, you can't fumble the ball...period! Turnovers are never good. It was not a good play.

I was surprised we signed him and even more surprised we haven't released him. The only 2 things keeping him on the roster (for now) are that the FO doesn't want to cut a guy they just signed and we have no established returner yet.

Don't remind me!!!

I like Mouton, but he's still a work in progress. Williams, Faggans? McCourty has played better than expected but I wouldn't feel comfortable with any of them starting in our secondary if we had an injury...and Harper's older and could break down more easily.

Notice for a position that we don't even NEED to have on the field (TE) we have 4 guys (Scaife, Crump, Stevens, Cook) but beyond our starting CB/S's...we don't have much. And people wonder why I keep criticizing the Titans for drafting a TE in rnd 3 to be our 3rd string TE (we've done it at least 3 times) when we don't have a good 2nd string CB or S. We've drafted Stevens and now Cook the last 2 years when we already had a 1st and 2nd string TE (and a 3rd when we drafted Cook) but we've only drafted 1 CB in the upper half of the draft?

Keep in mind, I like Cook because he has TG-like potential...but Stevens and Meier's were not smart!

Gut

5. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

To me that is the best thing. I also think C. Johnson has look really quick through the preseason

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The best thing so far this preseason has been that we can connect regularly with receivers.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Will Vince start vs the packers? I think it should be a good game because VY knows he needs another good outing to show he can play consistently before he goes back to the understudy role, while Ramsey needs to show he is worth keeping on the roster. It's a pretty big game.

8. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

Mark Jones looked awful to be honest but guys like Jared Cook & Quinton Ganther impressed me

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No, but he'll play a lot since the starters won't play much at all (not even a quarter).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar