The Good, The Bad....The Ugly.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I remember a guy on the TOMB used to do this each week. Might as well take his role.

The Good.
    Kerry Collins had another great game finishing 11/14 102 yards and a touchdown. I certainly liked the play where he fumbled it, recovered it, and hit Chris Johnson across the middle for a gain of 15.

Justin Gage showed again why he is our #1 receiver. That touchdown catch was a thing of beauty.

Our running game showed up this week after being absent this entire preseason. Chris Johnson finished with 7 for 27 yards.. Lendale finished 4 for 20 yards.

Fisher and his fake punts. :ha:

2/2 on 4th down conversations.

Quinton Ganther showed up tonight, watching Young throw a short 5 yard pass, and Ganther breaking and spinning out of tackles. Finished with 2 catches for 40 yards.

Our rookie receivers had another great outing, Jared Cook, Kenny Britt, and Dominique Edison all had productive games.

Lastly, Vince Young. His redemption drive brought back memory's of his rookie year. Finishing the night 17/24 for 174 yards and a touchdown pass. Also with that 20 yard scamper was good to see.

I'd have to say. Our passing game is much improved from last year.

The Bad.
    Kerry Collins getting sacked.

Tackling. Our defense pretty much sucked at tackling the last few preseason games.

Getting pressure on the quarterback, we have failed to do that all preseason long. Michael Griffin got our only sack.

The Ugly.
    Vince Young's poor decision making. That interception was terrible, it showed that whenever Young is pressured, he makes terrible decisions that are costly. That fumble was also terrible, he had Javon Ringer open, but he decided to be a hero and cost us 3 points or a touchdown by choosing to run into three defenders.

Mark Jones. I thought this guy was supposed to be our savior in the return game? He averaged 18 yards a return and also fumbled which led to a Browns touchdown.

Bironas's blocked field goal. Ugh, that brought flashbacks to our 2000 playoff game against the Ravens.

2/5 in the redzone. Come on!

Our 2nd string secondary. Enough said on that matter.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Edison certainly looked good, I am impressed.

3. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Agreed. I hope we keep him.

4. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

I thought Edison would be this years diamond in the rough, he has had a few bad plays here and there but if he can get the routes down and just catch the ball, he will be a solid player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQC--1lxMng

5. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Another good. Our 1st string defense has only allowed 10 points through the entire preseason.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

we need to fix the tackling issue and we MUST get pressure up the middle to collapse the pocket
    ________
    VOLCANO VAPORIZER

7. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

What was his name, the TOMB guy that did this..like TitansGiantsBears, TitansBearsGiants or somethin like that?

8. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

Thats whats wrong with our d right now...the qb steps up in the pocket every time. That can be fixed tho with differnt blitz packages n wat not

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

you thought wrong....I mean this is absurd, where did you ever get the idea that he was supposed to be our "savior" in the return game?

Yeah, hes not what we expected him to be, but proclaiming him a bust because he's not God in the return game is unfair..He was a no risk signing, he was never even guaranteed a roster spot.

10. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Yea, that was his name. I always liked reading his input after the game. So, I'm taking over his job now. :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar