The good, the bad, and the ugly!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sabomnim, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

someone used to do this on either this forum or the old titansonline forum but i havent seen it yet this year
    im sure i wont do it justice but ill give it my best shot

The Good

-Vince Young's play: he was having a great game before the injury. he was on target and very composed. his comp% is a low but a lot of that is on the WRs (something like 6 drops). Without pulling his hamsting, britt hauls that in for a possible TD or at least a huge gain. He's shown he matured and i gain a lot of confidence in his ability

-The game plan: this was not just fisherball. we passed deep and passed deep often. we passed on first down! let me repeat that, WE PASSED ON 1ST DOWN! it was a beautiful sight to see something that wasnt run run pass punt for 3.5 quarters.

-CJ threat is working: his presense alone makes them crowd that box. this has been huge in VYs development. this has had a big effect on his deep ball improvement. CJ may not be making the plays but hes allowing for the QB to make them. And the day they decide to loosen up and realize they need to cover the pass, is when CJ will make them pay for it

-Emergence of WRs: the young WRs are showing their worth. Britt goes down and we werent screwed. Hawkins and williams stepped up and made plays.

-Nice job Stevens: it was great seeing stevens make those 2 plays.

Special team: great returns, great punt block, great all around. Mariani is doing his job beautifully

The Bad

-VY reinjuring his ankle: idk if that was a designed run or he just went for it but it was bad either way. if it was designed then wtf fisher, u know hes hurt why risk it. If it was his call, the WTF young, you know ur hurt why make a bonehead decision with CJ 2 feet in front of u!

-Dropped ball: 6 dropped balls is unacceptable (yes im talking to u bo scaife). as much as our WRs stepped up, the drops all around hurt us big time

-Cooks inconsistancy: he goes from making a huge play to dropping a huge pass (i dont remember the situation exactly but he either dropped it or miss out big time, i just remember saying "come on cook!"

-run blocking: his big run was fun to watch, but that play failed. CJ made a play out of a failed play. He has been shut down lately and our Line isnt helping. But atleast it is letting our QB make the play

-Collins: sure he made some nice passes but this has to be his last year. hes wildly inaccuate. hopefully rusty is developing nicely for us to have a solid backup next year

The Ugly

-Britt injury: if hes out past the bye it will be a terrible thing. As much as our WRs stepped up, hes still the most explosive. I hate hamstring injuries b/c they seem to be the most deceiving. They feel better, you play a series only to injure it worse. hope he heals fast and fully

-The defense: idk what defense was out there. idk what the gameplan for them was. We clearly werent playing Prevent b/c gates burned up big time. we werent stopping the run b.c they had no issues pushing the chains. we werent making adjustments b/c patrick freakin crayton was making catch after catch as was gates. How did we not cover gates better? where is the double coverage?? its hard to hate on them b/c they have been our brightest spot but now i feel like the game where ST and offense clicked, D let up, in the biggest game we needed them to stepup this year

-VY on the bench: stand up man! and this is before the injury. when ur D is slacking and we are watching them run over us. idc how sad u become, standup and get ur team to get energized around u. get off from leaning on ur hands and get off the bench. Lead!

sorry i gtg back to work, i hope i didnt forget anyhting
    please add and ill add more later if i can

enjoy

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure how you can say Collins was in the "Bad" category In fact it makes no sense. He played well enough the last two weeks to win ball games and had us in position to maybe tie that one.
    Now sure what people expect from the bench QB. Tom Brady?

The defense was horrid. That was certainly ugly.

3. razordaman

razordaman Starter

Defense didn't even show up..couldn't even cover practice squad guys for crying out loud...

4. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I agree specially with the D will,Hawk and stevens think this guys step up for us and it was great to see.

5. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Ugly - CJ droping the ball on the 4th down at the end. Just awful, I could of caught that and I'm hopeless. Blew the game!

Agree about VY he is getting time to launch it, that ball to britt at the start was perfect. again no interceptions

6. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

i may have been harsh on him mainly b/c of how bad he was last game too (90% of that game was britt bailing him out). his stats may not show it but he was wildly inaccurate against the eagles and i saw a lot of the same in this game...he made due of the situation but he was still pretty off target this game....

7. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

KC played fine. I'm happy that we have a quality guy to back up VY.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What bugs me most about the 4th and 2 is that we had two timeouts and we at the 20-30 yard line.

Run the ball and get the first, secure your next 4 downs and call a timeout.

9. murrykline

murrykline Starter

Are you kidding me? The guy played with a bad finger on his throwing hand and he also jammed is thumb on his throwing hand on a helmet in the first quarter.

I like most of the rest of your take.

Especially the run blocking critique. Holy ...the center of our line is awful at run blocking this year. Gene Amano misses more blocks than I ever thought possible. Sorry to say it, but they really miss Mawae's leadership up front. Jake Scott is a freaking penalty machine, and I really hope that Leroy "the practice phenom" Harris, learns how to hold a block during game time.

I will save my take on Chuck and our D for a separate post....CHRIST!

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I thought Collins did pretty well actually, he stepped in with our best receiver out, an injured hand and just about brought us back, maybe would have if CJ didn't drop that pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar