The forward pass

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I've been saying this for years. Replay has made the refs lazy or scared about making a call on the field and just relying on replay to make the call for them. Terrible system and not at all what it was designed for.

I think they go to replay for too much as it is.

3. HurrayTitans!

Not sure anymore. After Detroit(?) got burned a few years ago on that obvious forset run where he was down, the refs didn't call him down, and when Caldwell(?) through the challenge, he received a penalty because it was an auto replay, and somehow his penalty nullified a replay of the scoring play.

4. HurrayTitans!

No. We're at 110 currently.

5. TrueTitan

TrueTitan Starter

KingTitan here (they have yet to release this, my true name from the dungeon), thus my headliner for now is TrueTitan.

Looking at the video of The Fumble, makes it apparent that these refs "fumbled" their study of physics when they were in school. Well, they were probably just dumb jocks anyway!

The force exerted, by the two defenders, was from the front and side. Thus, it's impossible for the ball to have this kind of trajectory and distance unless there was some other force, in this case our QB, launching it forward prior to the front and side hits. And their forces affected the throwing motion keeping it from being propelled sufficiently forward, but landing it like a dead duck at everyone's feet.

You may not care to accept my assessment of this because of where it comes from. I understand about this not from my days at school, but from many years of refereeing soccer, the world's football. I had to, in the blink of an eye, determine who last touched the ball for out-of-bounds calls and other situations. Other than goal scoring, on the highest level, cameras are not used in soccer. So we must fine tune our understanding of physics and ball characteristics when making calls of this nature. This crew of zebras doesn't get it!

Physics my son, physics.

Sorry, but I can't stop there. I must bring up the biblical injunction of not letting the blind lead the blind for they shall both fall in a ditch. Besides the blind refs, who else was blind that fell in the ditch? Our coaches upstairs and on the sidelines. They let themselves be led astray, to the dicth, when they refused to challenge the whole thing!!

So, Mr Mularkey, you need to stay after school until you get this right. I'll see you at 3:00!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

So in addition to it clearly being an incomplete pass, the Dolphins had 13 players on the field? Wow

7. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Their players were jogging on the field because the play was thought to be blown dead by everyone except the guy that ran the ball in to the endzone. Not sure how that would be called if they did catch it...basically they ran on the field during a live ball situation.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

even with bad calls we didn't deserve to win that game.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The turnover is, the number of men on the field probably did not draw attention.

It's your job as the manager of the game to bring that to the officials' attention.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

which is supposed to be called or else there would just be players standing all over the place... with a few kneeling and then there would be RM18....

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar