The Fantasy Football Help Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Post all fantasy-related questions here.

2. RavensShallBurn

I've got my starting lineup almost completely set and I need some input on what to do with my W/R position.

Initally, I had Brandon Jacbos in that spot, but now that he's been demoted that may not be the best idea. My other options are Jacoby Jones (vs Colts), Chambers (vs Chargers), or Manningham (vs Panthers).

What do you guys think? Jacoby?

PS I need all the help I can get. I cannot afford to lose to a Steelers fan.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm also facing a Steelers fan week-1 in my fantasy league LOL. So far Pierre Thomas has me winning.

4. RavensShallBurn

You're not gonna help me out? lol

She has Pierre Thomas too, and I was furious that Brees wasn't throwing the ball down near the goal line because I have him, Colston, and Meachem.

My entire team is better than her's. She just lucked out with the #1 pick and got CJ.

5. JCBRAVE

I've been throwing every trade proposal that exists in my lineup, in trying to acquire C.J.. As it turns out, the person who missed the draft and had the first pick drafted C.J. No.1 overall. Lucky guy, and listen to this. The guy is mentally challenged. So not only am I sending useless proposals but he's yet to log on. I'll never get C.J. in that league. I probably overvalue him as a Titans fan, but I want him on my team! The way I know I'm not getting him is because his cousin emailed everyone about this.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

anyone else to throw in that slot ?

7. JCBRAVE

I'd suggest parting ways with Jacobs. Whether you can unload him on some unsuspecting 10 year old, or just plain out cut him. He's a guy I'd get away from. Now Manningham on the other hand is a guy I might want to start. Even though Manningham doesn't come out til 3-WR sets, he's still getting the ball more than most receivers around. And not only that but he's better on the right than any WR New York has. Eli loves passing to the right, so even when it's not 3-WR sets, he's in on normal plays too. If he's your flex player, who can be either pos., I'd put him in.

8. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

I don't see a problem with using Jacobs as a flex or at least keeping him on your bench.

My guess he will be the goal line back and take a few TD's from Bradshaw.

I wouldn't just straight cut him. Get something for him from some one else that needs a RB.

9. RavensShallBurn

Here's my team:

(Starters)
    QB: Drew Brees
    RB: Jamaal Charles
    RB: DeAngelo Williams
    WR: Marques Colston
    WR: Terrell Owens
    WR: Robert Meachem
    TE: Tony Gonzalez
    W/R: Brandon Jacobs
    K: Sebastian Janikowski
    DEF: Dallas

(Bench)
    QB: David Garrard
    RB: Tashard Choice
    WR: Jacoby Jones
    WR: Chris Chambers
    WR: Mario Manningham
    TE: Kevin Boss

The only realistic options are Jones, Manningham, and Chambers. A lot of people don't think of Chris Chambers anymore, and I was thrilled to get him in one of the last couple rounds. In 9 games with the Chiefs last season, Chambers caught 36 passes for 608 yards and 4 TDs. This week he will be up against the Chargers pass defense which sucks as always.

Still leaning towards Jones. What do you guys think though? All you have to do is post the player I should start.

Also, of those receivers which one should I trade away? I'm going to try to trade Jacobs and a receiver for Anquan Boldin... the guy in my league is desperate for more depth and has an empty W/R spot.

10. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

I'd go with Jones if that was my team. I also agree that upgrading jacobs for another back would be a priority

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar