The fans at the game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TBaker34, Nov 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drs23

drs23 Camp Fodder

I predict he looks like a pro bowler next Sunday. :D

2. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Please elaborate on why Vince was never going to get mass appeal in Tennessee, because he had that mass appeal when he was drafted (remember, 10% does not constitute a majority).

3. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I have zero problem with people booing their team for poor play. That is fine. But what Im saying is it is some BS to cheer when someone gets injured. I dont care who it is. I am by no means a Vince homer(hated him in college) but when he put on a Titans uniform he was my QB and I will support him. Vince was not why we lost that game. The TEAM lost the game not one player. VY and the rest of this team will never be as good as their potential until Fisher is gone because he has no idea how to adjust or use the talent he has on this team.

I will support this team no matter who the QB is but we will never win anything with Jeff as coach. 17 years is too dam long!

Heres to the rest of the season! LETS GO TITANS

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I don't want to draft a QB, I want Kevin Kolb.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If I saw Fisher or Vince in the street today this is what I would do...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SHoNWwhzh3M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SHoNWwhzh3M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I was there yesterday, great weather for a game btw, I didn't boo him and no one around me did. I don't even boo the other team. Sometimes I boo a crappy call by the refs .
    I mostly just make comments like what the f........ are you doing and what kind of a sissy a... call was that or you are a stupid little no talent crap weasel and then I have another beer.
    Ranting and beer helps me cope with the tension of things I have absolutely no control over.

7. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

This is where you're dead wrong. Anybody who walks into the stadium on gameday is just as much a fan as you are to the organization. The team cares about one thing..... Your MONEY. It's entertainment and without people like you that believe there's levels of fandom sports franchises don't succeed.

Name one other thing you do in life that requires you to spend so much money and you truly get nothing in return except satisfaction when "your" team wins. Guess what, any team can be your team! I love the entertainment the Titans bring to my life but to say I'm a bigger fan than someone is ridiculous.
    Now knowledgeable is a different story.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Never forget, players have to make plays.
    These players aren't making plays, aren't beating the guys in front of them.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

No...he taunted the fans coming off the field...that shows immaturity in my book.

Your point being?

No, but I also have never walked out on my boss or colleagues in response to a decision that my Director may have made. I have not been happy with decisions my previous Directors have made, but I have always expressed that dissatisfaction one-on-one and face-to-face with them...not walked out of some meeting or made a selfish spectacle out of it.

That is the issue here. VY is one player on this team, albeit the QB. However, any special considerations he is due as QB also comes with expectations of him to show leadership and maturity. From my perspective he has not been able to handle adversity well and basically lost it after this latest incident.

Fisher doesn't owe VY any more explanation than he has provided, like it or not. Fisher is running the show...and if he does something stupid or makes the wrong decisions that results in the team losing games...he only has to answer to Bud...and I am pretty sure Bud is losing patience across the board.

That is your opinion and one I do not share. He may not have much respect for the way VY carries himself on and off the field, but that is much different from "hating" him.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

There is something seriously wrong that the OP in this thread has so many high fives.

What Vince did yesterday was disrespectful to the Titans fanbase. Especially those fans that spend their money to attend games. When I saw Vince's actions yesterday, I quit being his fan.

I also don't understand the criticism of the crowd yesterday, loudest game I've attended all year. And I've been to every home game except preseason. My section was FULL throughout OT.

If you are criticizing the fanbase that attends game for yesterday's effort, then it's YOU that needs to find a new team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar