The "Explain Your Name" thread..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

A Fightin'Titan.

Well.....I am always "fightin" with friends about the Titans being the best in the NFL. And defending the NFL for the most part.

I also used it in a football pool and it stuck since.

2. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Tommy Goldman 05 is the year I had that email address so I have used it since then. I am lame and I really don't want to come up with something else

3. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Mine was given to me in another forum as shortened/mutated version of my name.

4. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

g is for my name...greg
    and mitts is because i have huge hands...size 19 ring finger...

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I was in a secret society with my buddies, we were called the Unit. Basically, we just drank a lot, rolled houses, and defaced public property. Everyone had a "gangsta" name. Mine was "ONETON" because I have always been a bigger guy, now i've slimmed down, but the name lives on....

6. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

I think mine speaks for itself.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

wtf? Refrigerator Perry status.

8. dub v-west virginia
    titansfan-self explanitory

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Phi Slama Jama is widely credited with popularizing the frenetic, “above the rim” style of play that pervades college basketball to the present day. Phi Slama Jama achieved its greatest prominence at a time when the overall popularity of basketball was burgeoning. Their entertaining style of play appealed to a broad audience, and helped to bring many casual fans to the sport. Olajuwon’s international origin foreshadowed the worldwide explosion in the popularity of basketball in the 1980s and 1990s. In light of his unprecedented success, college basketball recruiters fanned out across the globe in search of the next undiscovered superstar. The legacy of Phi Slama Jama has remained at the fore of basketball discourse thanks in large part to the long and distinguished professional careers of Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler.

Having already helped to popularize college basketball with "The Game of the Century" in 1968, the Cougars' captivating 1983 postseason run again helped college basketball in its drive to join the first rank of major sports. The #1 vs. #2 clash of titans between Phi Slama Jama and Louisville's "Doctors of Dunk" in the Final Four served as an enthralling preamble to the dramatic title game. Ironically, Phi Slama Jama's title game loss to North Carolina State is widely considered their most immediate contribution towards putting NCAA basketball on a par with college football in terms of television viewership and revenue. The Cougars' last-second loss in the final was an iconic moment in the history of “March Madness” that helped to establish the NCAA Basketball Tournament as a major television event. The CBS broadcast of the 1983 Final between Houston and NC State drew 18.6 million households and the Houston-Louisville national semifinal attracted 14.8 million, both ratings records at the time for national final and semifinal games. To many, the semi-final was the true title game, and consider the N.C. State Championship meaningless, as the Wolfpack only won because of the energy expended stopping Louisville's high-octane offense.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Back away from the wiki...

"Titan" = team
    "Jeff" = real name

Nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar