The ESPN Power Rankings Suck As Usual

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Obviously the main factor is how teams finished last year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2013/week/1

Titans
    6-10
    --

Last Week: 27 Chance Warmack and Andy Levitre will beef up the Titans' offensive line, but consistency under center is a problem. Jake Locker has never played 12 games in a season.

And our old buddy Paul Kuharsky is towing the company line.

T
    By Paul Kuharsky | ESPN.com

The Titans don’t garner a lot of high expectations right now from analysts, pundits or bookmakers.

And, frankly, they shouldn’t.

The team added a lot. But it still has an unproven quarterback, a defense lacking star power and a head coach who is not a sure thing.

So Tennessee’s standing in the first version of this season’s NFL Power Rankings is an unsurprising 27th, same as it was after the draft.

Tennessee Titans in the Power Rankings

WeekPower RankingHighLowLast time
    1 27 26 28 27

I’m not high on this team at this stage because of the reasons above and because of the schedule.

But I think head to head on a neutral field against the five teams just ahead of them, they’d probably win two or three: The Buccaneers are 22nd, the Panthers are 23rd, the Chargers are 24th, the Eagles are 25th and the Cardinals are 26th.

The Titans will get head-to-head chances against San Diego and Arizona.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

"Locker has never played 12 games in a season."

He's only started one season. Good one, PK.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Well there is an easy way for the Titans to fix this.

Win

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its not how you start, its how you beat everybodys ass along the way that matters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. The Hammer

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Honestly I can't blame anyone who ranks us 20-25th. But if you're ranking us anything past that I think you're either a hater or you just haven't been paying attention this offseason. Sure, the games have to be played and anything could happen. But we arguably made more moves to improve this offseason than any other team in the league. Obviously if we had a legit, proven QB we'd be ranked MUCH higher.

7. The Hammer

8. LoneStarPhan

LoneStarPhan Starter

I never worry about the experts ratings. They mean nothing. That's why they play the games.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

DOWN WITH THE BCS

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

20-25 is about right, however power rankings are about as good as the preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar