The Education of Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I just read it. Very well done.

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Very well written. Great article. Very unbaised.
    Thanks for the link

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't follow that website normally, but I'm thinking about adding it. That was really well written. He's got so much, but there's a long way to go. Everyone has to be careful with his training. It also helps make you realize how difficult it must be being a young QB coming into the NFL. I bet Rivers is still wetting his pants and he's had two years.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

at least the guy who wrote the article is being realistic about Young. He can be great or a bust. Of course some folks have Young in the Hall of fame already

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and some have him as a bust already

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I can't believe that guy said Pacman is a theif. :p

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I'm glad to see Pacman is fitting in well with the rest of the guys in the locker room. Very good article about Vince.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I found this posted while I was out trolling.

Titans | Young showing steady improvement
    Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:38:11 -0700

Kirk Bohls, of the Austin American-Statesman, reports Tennessee Titans rookie QB Vince Young has been showing steady improvement throughout the offseason. Even Young admitted he got off to a rocky start in his first minicamp. He fumbled his first snap, and linemen jumped offsides on the next two plays. Before the coaches could step in, Young signaled to them that he was in charge, rehuddled and told his new teammates everybody's job was on the line. They laughed, but got the message. "Starting off, I was horrible," Young said. "But I got better and better. I got more relaxed." Young seems to be winning over the coaching staff. Titans' head coach Jeff Fisher has already adapted the Titans playbook, adding bootlegs and rollouts. And the zone read? "I can't tell you all that," Young said. "We've got some nice things."

10. I liked what one of the reviewers said,

''Honestly, why does it matter how he throws the football? That is like ripping him for running different than other NFLers. Seriously, who cares how he throws the football?. If he can win football games, why does it matter how he throws? As bad as his throwing motion may be, he still threw over 3,000 yds and posted 26 TDs this past year at Texas and I still haven't mentioned his electrifying running ability. So his throwing motion is bad. So what? Develop him and give him time to perfect it. He is an amazing QB that knows how to win.''

Its basically what I feel on the matter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar