The Draft & Future

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JimmyTitan, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I hate him because of his persona and ability. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

In the 3rd round. He wasn't an "elite" talent when he came out. That actually completely destroys your point.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

3rd round pick from USC. Developed into an elite pass rusher.

Pause.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think we will and should go D with pick 11, trading down to get a 3rd back would be good
    Need a pass rusher badly
    RB in 4
    Locker, vet (maybe Fitz, I hope not), Wilson will be our QB's this year
    Casey is good but not elite yet
    Hope we re-sign Verner but don't think it's a top priority
    Signing Pollard was a nice move, I think he helped Griffin

5. Danimal

Danimal Starter

So by that logic Tom Brady is not an elite quarterback because he was drafted so late ? Was he just developed ? Hmmmm. . .

6. Clark

What are you even getting at?

Your initial statement said spend it on an elite draft pick. And made it sound that it could only be done by doing so early.

You also said we haven't been able to develop an elite pass rusher. We give you Casey. Exhibit A. Third round pick, turned it on awfully elite like last year.

Sooooo.... What is your point about Brady?

7. Clark

Tom Brady wasn't drafted in the mind set that... Oh he's elite... That was never the process. You don't wait til pick 159 to grab your ELITE QB. He had things they liked... He sat on the bench a year, proved his spot. Did they develop him? Yes. Was his talents viewed as an elite prospect? No. Could that have been a mistake? Yes.

Crazy things happen. I wouldn't say the patriots fully developed him, but they were lucky enough to see some traits they liked... And then his drive kicked in.

But using thus to argue whatever point you're trying to make isn't working because if he was an elite prospect ( JJ watt right?) then he would have went in the top 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar