The Doors vs Queen

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, May 7, 2010.

?

The Doors vs Queen

Poll closed May 9, 2010.
  1. The Doors

9 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Queen

15 vote(s)
    62.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The Doors did not write "light My Fire", and they hated the dang song.

"Roadhouse Blues": answers itself... it's a blues song, which is such a basic form of rock that even 15-year-olds can play it flawlessly with little effort.

"The End": Haight-Asbury psychobabble.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Queen.

No contest.

Doors are one of those bands that people wear the shirts just to seem cool. Most probably couldn't name 5 doors songs.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I like both, but Queen wins this one pretty easily.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

There has never been or will likely never be another band like Queen. Their 70's stuff is genius. Brian May is a god amongst men on guitar. The Doors have no bass player.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

All I know is my ears think the Doors kick way more a ss.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3dLAv0NklTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3dLAv0NklTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Just gotta break on through...

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Vanilla Ice votes for Queen.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't get why these band wars aren't linking bands closer chronologically. The Doors started up in 1965 and Morrison was dead in 1971. Queen started in 1971 but lasted for 20 years as one of the best rock bands. Mercury died of aids in 1991 but the band continued to perform and make albums right up until his death. Even after Mercury's death the band continued to perform and recently did concerts with Paul Rogers (Bad Company) doing the vocals.

This isn't even close. Queen had 18 number one albums and 18 number one singles. Their impact on rock and roll with their genuine sound and musicianship and vocals rivals the best rock groups of all time.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The bands were divided into older/newer categories and matched up alphabetically A vs Z etc... By the 2nd round any deeper chronological matchups wouldn't have been "close" anyway...

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Queen defeats The Doors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar