The Dance

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VolnTitan, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Makes up for the game the night before that they should have lost.

Gotta be pretty happy though if you're a UT basketball fan though. Early this year, I expected them to make the final 4- but then they didn't look as good as the previous year for some strange reason. Then you have the incidents that removed a lot of talent from the team. So the season seemed lost, yet they somehow seemed to get better.
    This from a team that seemed to not be well coached when at full strength.

So an Elite 8 appearance... that's something no one saw coming. Pretty good way to end such a season.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Final 4 is, uh, not what I would have hoped for. I will root against Duke. They played well, but I do not think they deserve to be there. I have no reason to root for Michigan St. WV's coach is a grumpy old dog. So I have to root for Butler. But to be honest, Butler is not even that much fun as they play defense and have a shaggy white guy in the middle. They are not as much fun as say Cornell, or the flashy Xavier. I hope they all suprise me and the games are great. I'll be watching. And I hope the Butler did it. or does it.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Well let's pray to god this year's championships isn't as big of a joke as last year's. That was pathetic, MSU might as well have stayed home.

Probably another blowout on the way though.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

MSU might as well stayed home? Huh?

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I was talkin about last year's championship game, and yes, they were pathetic in that game.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Then, who deserves to be there? A team that Duke beat? What happened to Duke getting "rick-rolled"? I guess to be "rick-rolled" means to win by 7 in the urban dictionary...

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Butler's gonna take it all.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Duke or WVU look the best IMO. MSU just keeps finding a way to win though. Should be a fun weekend for basketball. Duke takes it, but considering all of my Final Four picks are dead (Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, Villanova) I have little faith in my pick.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Duke got the easy bracket, everyone agreed, and in a contract year when cbs needs Duke, it's no suprise. Sure, they are the best in their bracket, but were they the best in the other three brackets, not likely. They would not have gotten out of the other three brackets alive if you ask most people. Kanas meanwhile had a slaughter bracket. Everyone agreed. And they got slaughtered.

As people filled out their brackets nobody thought Duke deserved or was good enough to make the final 4, yet we all had to pick 'em because the bracket was so damn easy. It tells you something. They are not one of the top 4 teams for most of america. It just worked out all too nice for them, and I think most people thought the brackets were not fairly distributed. And the fact that you have only one #1 making it might be a clue that the brackets were indeed poorly conceived. And suprise, it's the bracket everyone thought was the easiest where the #1 breees through.

Do they deserve some credit. Sure. They won the games they were supposed to win. But it's be a lot better if they earned their way in with a big win. This year there appeared to be an inbalance that favored the blue devils. And if they were #1, not #4, then ok, they earned an easy route. but they were handed an easy route instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar