The Cutler lovefest continues

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Lovefest sounds so negative, Jeff.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's not meant to be though I do think he is overrated.

3. I don't think he's overrated. I think he was simply unknown because he was Vandy's QB. If he had played for a good team, he probably would have been a Heisman candidate.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Mike Mayock doesn't think he is overated and he analyzes the draft for a living. I wouldn't be surprised if many NFL scouts have Cutler rated higher than a most of the couch analyzers have him. He very well might be a safer pick than Young and in the long run a better QB. Certainly it is going to be hard for Cutler to surpass Young or Leinert simply because they have played on great college teams and have been in the spot light where Cutler played at Vandy and spent most of his career playing with guys that wouldn't even be third string players on Texas or USC. Like the one article said, Cutler is the only Vandy player even invited to the combine of the 330 players invited. That says alot. The only reason Cutler will not be picked early in the draft IMO is if the Titans don't take him, opting for Young instead and teams like Detroit, Jets or Arizona simply decide not to take a QB. If the JEts decide to draft a QB Cutler will be gone at #4.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've seen Cutler play more than Young and Leinart put together and just don't see him on the same level.

6. Cutler would hardly be the first great QB to play on a bad college team and struggle to win games. The fact that he had so little talent surrounding him masks just how good he can be, but there is no doubt for anyone who watched Vandy this year that they were only going as far as he could carry them on his shoulders.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

i want to see him and what he does @ the combine, well be interesting, thats for sure...

i still say you can't go wrong with either jay or vince imo...

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I agree Jeff. Seen him play since high school. Is he good? Absolutely. Better than Young or Leinhart to be taken at #3? Not imo. And for the "talent around him" arguement....are you saying Vandy has NEVER played a team that they had superior talent than? Can you say MTSU?

9. titan west

titan west Guest

plus he's the only one to have sack to participate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar