The Cumberland is a-rising

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

awesome stuff, i havent seen this much rain in TN since May of 84.
  2. amy

amy Starter

wunderground weather is amazing. You can find anything related to weather you want plus some great photos. I've used it for a couple of years now. We haven't had much here in White county. Yesterday saw a couple of bad T-storms and so far to day we've had nothing. I think it's going to get here around five and we will get soaked tonight.
  3. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

sent all my extra $$$ to Haiti to support VooDoo related charities - :sarcasm:

I truly hope everyone is safe. First I heard about BSP, but not suprised Metro Center is right on the Cumberland
  5. A.D.

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P. Staff

Lelan Statom said this morning that the Cumberland had already risen from 19 to 29 feet and was expected to be 39 or 40 feet tomorrow.
  6. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

I can't speak for the Cumberland, but the Harpeth is flowing through my living room right now...
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Until I can leave my house, I'll be living on chips and salsa, water, OJ, grape juice, and that's about it.

No milk, no meat.

We are pulling a New Orleans. This sucks a big one... the theater where I always went for free movies is apparently nearly destroyed.
  8. A.D.

A.D. Thank you, Bud. R.I.P. Staff

Glad that you guys at least have internet access. Hope all else will turn out OK for you and yours. Update from Charlie Neese: the Cumberland is now at 48 feet and expected to crest at 49 overnight. Looks like the rain in Nashville is about over.
  9. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Well, I'm at my parents house so it's good they have Internet...

I think everything will be ok. Just have to see how expensive it will be to fix things.
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS TRADE DOWN Tip Jar Donor

This my daily beat in Franklin... Guess it'll be a while before I do anything but go to work..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bywotLxMGuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bywotLxMGuY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.