The Coordinators

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by maximus, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What I don't get is why Fisher doesn't realise Schwartz's moneyball defence doesn't work. You can't just sit back and play it by statistics. If you look at the great defences in the NFL today they're all playmaking defences, taking chances, blitzing, stunting, mixing up coverages, etc. We should do the same, I certainly believe we have the people for it.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

same reason we don't take chances on offense... It's Fishers conservative ways...

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because we were so conservative on defense in the gregg williams days....

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

And your point is....

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

This is one aspect of the "personnel groupings" I'm referring to. I am in no way giving Fisher a pass on this Collins/Volek issue. I am a little harder on Chow because IMO we have seen NO improvement in point production since he has come on board. We've heard alot of excuses, alot of "we're going to have to ....blah...blah...blah.." but still no increase in scoring.

I think it is naive to believe Chow wasn't strongly involved with the decision to bring Collins in. It has been my observation that Fisher delegates alot of decision making to his coordinators. I agree that he ultimately he must answer, but he is a good HEAD COACH. IMO, his major coaching weakness is that he allows a lower level of accountability from his staff than he should.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why is it Vince Young gets praised for moving the ball down the field but Chow doesnt?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:stupid:

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

cause even Les Steckel could move the team between the 20s. Setting up Col Klank for one of his patented 33 yard FGs that Fisher was so in love with.

Chow has not even shown that he can get the ball into Baroinas expanded FG range much less put the ball in the EZ.

plus people seem to like VY and Chow is almost completly Schwartzified at this point, and once you get Schwartzed you never go back.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well not much he can do with poor throws for INTs

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Come now, Gunny, you can't blame a bad throw on Vince, obviously Chow had instructed him to throw the fade no matter what, oh and also that he should throw it short no matter what. So you can see it was obviously a bad call from Chow :sad2:

btw, that was sarcasm in case anyone missed it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar