The Colts wasted a 1st round draft pick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 23, 2013.

1. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

As a Titans fan, this is great for all of us...Good. I am glad they burnt a 1st rounder for a guy who is about as slow as they come with speed and hitting the gaps. I am still scratching my head on this one, considering they had 3 decent backs (although a little banged up) already on the roster. Dude is average, such a wasted pick..
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Deuce us absolutely right about the Colts wasting a 1st round pick. But I do believe that D Brown will return to the muck from which he came. That is not rare. It's not rare to see one surprise season for a RB, then back to suck.
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

and this my friends, is why you DO NOT draft a RB in the first round these days....Solid production can be found in later rounds with much less costs. I pray that the Titans get a solid QB out of this upcoming draft...
  4. nickmsmith

Better yet: Don't give up a 1st round pick for a running back that a crap team is trying to unload. They came away like bandits on that one. I hope they get a world changing player with that pick.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm just about ready to admit I was wrong about Richardson. Thought he was an elite talent.

I think there's a small chance he gets it together after a full offseason with the team, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

I could see if Trent was putting up big numbers and a stud, but man, to give up a 1st round pick with a ?....That isn't even ballsy, that is just plain stupid. The Titans need to snag a 3rd round pick somehow, and they REALLY need a QB this year badly. I am also hoping that they get a new coaching staff, because this current bs is unacceptable...How do you only have 1 win against division opponents out of your last 10 games?!?!?!!?!?!??
  7. nickmsmith

absolutely unacceptable, and I hope the new ownership knows it.
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Starter

Yeah, this team has enough talent to have a better record than they do....It's a shame, back to the drawing board for all of us, after such high expectations.
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

Hey- can we trade Jake to somebody for a 1st round "do-over"?
  10. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Nah. Lost too much value. When it comes to players and picks it is similar to buying a new car. Players lose a ton of value as soon as they are used the first time.