The CC Salute vs attempted murder

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Cecil's bird finger's pizz-poor luck of getting caught on camera warrants $40,000 in fines while TJ Ward gets a measly $15,000 for attempting to decapitate Jordan Shipley? League has it's head up it's own rear..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5655099

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

This is the second time Cecil has been fined for conduct towards officials, that's why it was so high.

3. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

maybe I'm old school, but I didn't think it was that bad of a hit ... shoulder pad to the chin

4. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Yeah, I really didn't have much of a problem with that hit. He lead with his shoulder.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

After Warren Sapp tried to kill a Packer like that by blind siding himthese plays were outlawed.

The contact wasn't the issue it was the fact that he was defenceless.

I like that Cecil is a hot head but coaches are supposed to more responsible.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What was Ward supposed to do?

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

^ not exactly sure but a shot to the face after the play isn't exactly good sportsmanship..

8. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

Hit him in the chest and not the head.

There was helmet-to-helmet contact as well, but it was incidental.

But yeah, if you go high on plays like that, it's gonna get called. Ward took it further and propelled his shoulder into Shipley's head. You're not allowed to hit a defenseless player in the head no matter if you're leading with your head, shoulder, forearm, or whatever.

I don't think it was dirty though. Looked pretty instinctual, and had Shipley made the catch, it would've been a hit that would've saved a TD.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've only seen it once but he drove his shoulder into the receiver and broke up the play, correct?

I didn't think it was dirty when I saw it. Maybe a bit over-the-top but it looked legal to me.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

After the play? It looked to me like Ward was already in the motion of making the hit before it was clear that Shipley didn't make the catch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar