The cardinal sin of the running QB..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Rolltide,

San Fran, Atlanta, and carolina are 3 of the worst teams in football and two of them have better first wrs. And the vikings have adrian peterson, enough said. They also have sidney rice who was a 1st round pick and very talented. I think the fact that we're comparing are receiving corps to teams like that is where the problem is. Compare our wide receivers to any of the teams in playoff contention and we're not even close in talent level.

2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Don't bring logic into this.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who cares what record these teams have the universal comment has been that NONE of these WRs could start for ANY team. The comment was not about starting for a playoff team. Are you changing the criteria now?

I didn't say our WRs are elite just maybe not as horrible as many think.

How does adrian peterson prove how horrible our Wrs are? Yeah real logic..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Playoff contending teams loaded with stud WRs!

The jags whose top WR, williams has numbers similar to gage and williams.

The browns whose #2 WR is joe jerevicious

The bills whose #2 is the legendary josh reed

The broncos whose #2 WR this year is brandon stokely..

The chiefs are not a playoff contender but wow what a group of WR. Jeff webb and sammy parker would certainly put any of our guys on the bench. Those 2 guys the chiefs #2 and #3 Wrs don't even have 500 yards combined.

Again the lame mantra repeated over and over again on these boards is that NO titan WR could start on ANY nfl team.

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I know that our wrs are capable of being a #2 or #3 receiver on some teams. But almost every team you're saying you're comparing our best receiver to the #2 receiver. Therefore you're saying those teams have better #1 receivers. I'm perfectly happy with our wrs as #2 and #3's, I just want a true #1 receiver in our offense. And bringing up AD I was just saying that team all they have to do is run the ball. If we had peterson in our backfield we probably wouldn't be to upset with our receivers right now because we wouldn't even be paying attention to them.

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

NONE THE TITANS WRs WOULD START FOR ANOTHER TEAM. They may not be the worst in the league but outside of Nashville they are not starting. Yea Gage is a bright spot you know why? He was garbage in Chicago. Nobody expected him to come in and make a difference. Go pull his stats. You seem to enjoy doing it. Look around the league. I'm sure when they hit the free agent market they will get great contracts with other teams....right? I'm sure Jones and Gage would make average number two targets for some teams. Neither are gonna make any game changing plays for us. The stats don't tell the story. Sure they have a below average passer chucking the ball to them, but who is to say its always his fault. I'm sure Gage, Jones and Williams are elite route runners that other QBs envy. I'm sure they have not dropped wide open passes at key moments during games. These guys are money every down! Why must you keep looking at the stats for theses guys! Ignore the numbers. Watch them play. Then change the channel and watch another group play. Stevie Wonder could see a difference. So what if joe somebody for some other team has less yards. Gage and Williams have got twice as many yards as this guy. Ok and? If you put turd out there turd is gonna catch the ball. Turds are gonna put up numbers. Some turds may out perform other turds. The thing is they are all turds at the end of the day. I'm not saying its the WRs fault VYs numbers are hovering somewhere in the neighborhood of horrible. Its got plenty to do with him as well. Lets just say he is not working with the best tools money could buy. Lets finish with we have no true #1 receiver. None of our receivers would start anywhere else.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Williams and gage have been making game changing plays for us almost every game lately. Williams caught a 43 yard TD pass in the win against the texans. That entire drive was just 2 plays a 20 yard pass to gage and the TD to williams. Combined gage and williams have given us 59 first down catches.

We have a poster who insists that none of our guys could start on another team but later in the post says that we have some guys who would be an average number 2 elsewhere. Well a #2 is a starter duh.. Contradiction?

As far as drops i would like someone to show me the stat that shows that our guys have the most drops in the league.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

According to this site gage has caught 66% of the passes thrown his way. That's above average. Williams has caught 61% which is average.

The notion that titan receivers are particularly bad at catching the ball is not true.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

How many TD passes or sure thing 1st downs can you remember being dropped. 4-5 td's and twice that in 1st downs, I am not counting "that's a tough catch types either, I mean the ball either hits them in the chest or in scaifs situation go thru his hands and bangs off his face mask. All most of of has been saying is that if our "stellar" wr/te's would have made them VY stats and our wins would be better. Oh, also many of us have been saying that the main problem is that our group of wr's don't seem to get seperation like others in the leauge, I am sure you can find a stat for that oh wizard.:grrhee:

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Our receivers score in the negative range here... meanwhile the Drivers, Holts, Houshmandzadeh's of the football world score positive.. even double digit.

There are 63 other guys on that chart with better DVOA than our "best" receiver, Williams... He's the ONLY Titan that exceeds the marker of 42.

Your link only adds validity to those who claim that the Titans receivers are less than average. Maybe some of it is Young's fault. Chow likely deserves some responsibility.

RollTide, your link only proved that on the whole our wr corp vastly underperforms. You are getting all hot and bothered over % caught balls?

I'd like to see the stat for how many of the balls caught were caught inside 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. If it weren't for our defense we would be a (4-9) team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar