The cardinal sin of the running QB..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

I thought the cardinal sin of the running QB is...well.....not running. haha

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I didn't make my ideas of drafting young in the middle a post about something else i started a whole thread about it.

Does maximus still post here? If he was officially banned from the board then all past commentary should be made void and i'll pay a lawyer $5000 just to make that happen!:)

If vince keeps playing the way he is i might have to slink back and delete that thread and pretend it never happened. :irked:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Still doesn't make you the first to suggest it. :yes:

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

David Garrard..

Plays the same exact role for his team that vince is playing for the titans and mcnair played for much of his career. Be a leader, hand the ball off 30+ times and take care of the football and pick up an occasional first down with your legs.

Garrard is only averaging 162 yards passing per game. The only QB with 10 starts or more with fewer yards is vince.

Garrard only has 13 TD passes. The only QBs with 10 starts or more with fewer TD passes are campbell, garcia, young.

With only 162 yards passing per game it is imperative that garrard not turn the ball over much and he doesn't. Just 3 turnovers all year 1 int and 2 fumbles.

There's the model..

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

But that could be the wrong model too. As the Jaguars have never done anything. Maybe the only way to become a better team is to fail at it. And get better. I'm just saying that losing and throwing interceptions has been a common trait among many of the superbowl qb's in their first few years. Favre is probably the best example of the other model. I personally don't care what model he follows, as long as he doesn't keep changing the model. Pick a strategy, go with it, and hope for the best.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

oh, I wanna play the game where we predict who's going to be a superstar based on one or two seasons in the NCAA...

Eric Berry (true Freshman) - CB/S - Tennessee ... we all know he's going to be a stud...

i'll be finding this in 2-3 years to rub in someone's face;)

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Murse, feel free to post that in the draft forum... Not here, stick to mocking/bashing roll tide, I think that's what this thread is for... either that, or bickering...

9. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

I lol'd

10. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Garrard's also 29, hopefully 5 years from now vince will be better than garrard. I hope vince will be more of a playmaker than a general on the field as I feel he has a lot more tools than garrard. Not bashing garrard but I'd rather vince be getting a lot of touchdowns and just fewer turnovers than he does now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar