The cardinal sin of the running QB..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

That chart says it all. The Titans #1 is 57th. There are like seven TEs, 1 running back, a couple rookies and quite a few #2 and #3 receivers ahead of our "#1". Strangely our mediocre receives are sitting right next to each other. Nice! Who is at fault for this? Spread the blame to whoever you like. Blame Fisher, VY, Chow, Barry Bonds, Whoever. Throw Santa under the bus if you like. Tis the season. The bottom line is our receivers are below average in performance. I say that means our receivers have below average ability which complements their performances really well. Now when we add in the below average passer throwing our below average receivers the ball, you can begin to see the Titans below average offense very clearly. Why is it gonna take a 60 minutes special or a Michael Moore documentary to make some of you see the fact our receivers suck. At the end of the day we have no true #1 receiver and none of our receivers would start anywhere else. VY is not gonna be going anywhere for a long time. Soooooo we are gonna have to get some above average receivers in ability and performance for our below average passer to chuck the ball to.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

KTOWN, don't try to talk sense to RollTide.

it's futile.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I only used football outsiders because they provide catch % to prove these guys are not dropping every ball every play like some think. The defense adjusted ranking is a bogus stat based on their own flawed formulas.

Now if you want to religiously go by those rankings they will only prove that both gage and williams can start on numerous teams. There are 10 starting nfl Wrs rated BELOW roydell williams and 18 starting nfl Wrs ranked below gage.

According to this site steve smith is the 77th best Wr in the league!!!! According to this site gage and williams are both better than boldin, chambers, smith and santana moss.

Notice that all but one of the top 14 ranked Wrs play for elite QBs. Holt is the only one who doesn't this year. The last 30 guys or so play for average or worse QBs. There are no Pats, colts, bengals Wrs near the bottom. Coincidence?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Using simple receiving yardage numbers is the dumbest way i can think of to determine how good a WR is.

Gage and williams didnt start for us in the beginning and still share catches with other players like scaife and moulds and jones when healthy. We are 27th in the league in total passing yards and it has never been an offense that intended to throw often. Gage and williams combined have 47% of our receiving yards. As a team we are only going to throw for about 3000 yards this season. Out of 3000 yards you expect to have 2 1000 yard guys?

Again Ktown contradicts himself by calling our Wrs mediocre and then later saying they suck. Mediocre and suck are not the same thing. I agree with the mediocre assessment..

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

:slap: :pigfly: :dead:

6. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

No they are mediocre and they suck. It just depends on where you are standing. I think mediocre sucks. You could say they are mediocre because they suck. Their mediocrity causes them to put forth a "sucky" performance. I guess you could go with their suck performance leads to the appearance of mediocrity. The combination of mediocre passing and mediocre receiving leads to the sucking of our offense. See there are many ways to look at it. You just try to find fault in everything. I'm just straight up negative and so is my opinion of our receivers. They are mediocre and they suck.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Talk:like shooting fish in a barrel
    From Wiktionary

Though this phrase is usually not thought to be taken literally, the MythBusters' November 21, 2007 episode examined whether the idiom might be based on a kernel of truth. They found that it is possible (though not guaranteed) to directly hit a medium-sized fish with a bullet (I think they hit the fish 50-75% of the time?). Via some other measurements, they surmised that the shockwave through the water in the confined space would definitely be enough to at least stun all remaining fish in the barrel, if not kill them.

They also tried to look into the phrase's origins, but weren't able to turn up anything. They were wondering in particular whether it might have had any relation to the practice of storing fish in brine-filled barrels. Without any indication otherwise, they guessed not, since those fish would normally be already dead.

8. CNYTitanFan

CNYTitanFan Guest

I'd rather Vince study the mechanics of Brady; there's the model...:bump:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why is john kerry so vivid in mt mind right now? I voted for it before i voted against it. They are mediocre and they suck. Hmm didn't work very well for him either but now we know that ktown has what it takes for a career in politics..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/esUTn6L0UDU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/esUTn6L0UDU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>:woohoo:

Disclaimer-the above video in no way constitutes a political endorsement. that would be a violation of club rules.. :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar