The Business of NFL Football- Titans Style

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tungtide, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeh, well he isn't exactly a hardcore fan either.

I agree with you, McNair is part of the team.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I want to move on. I only take serious issue with fact #3.
    I'm Mr. Friendly... you know that...

McNair has my support if the FO takes him in the fold.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What I don't get is that almost every Titan fan in here is acting like this only happens in Nashville. Comeon, it happens all the time in every other club in the NFL.

4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

That was the innitial point of my message. We have been spoiled here, and part of why I am frustrated is, in truth, the nature of business in the NFL. Business is business and everyone- Floyd, Buss, Steve, Jeff- are aware of this. However, bad form is also bad form, and the way the front office handled this is not professional or respectful of either Steve or the fans they have spent eight years endearing him to. If they want to manipulate each other that is fine, but WE buy the tickets in the Colliseum and pay those fat paychecks that are in dispute.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Titans should be MORE BRUTAL with their players IMHO.

guys that cannot stay healthy should be cut when the CAP allows. Thinking Schfino here but toss in Calmus ect.

Next Titan to try and knock a guy down instead of wraping up and TACKLING should be cut on the spot and excorted off the property during the game. OK I kid but this D is total marshmellow and their lack of effort in tackling is the ultimate reflection of the finesse D imposed by SGWB Schwartz

Back on point: Titans should be very selective about who gets a second contract. The guys they want should not be allowed to make it into their FA/RFA year. Instead they should be locked up for the prime of their career before then.

I just think the Titans have been and continue to be too loyal to guys who no longer show the goods on sundays.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

"WE" you got a mouse in your pocket :brow:

Speak for yourself. It doesn't bother me at all they did what they did. It isn't like McNair hasn't gotten paid. The NFL is a business. It happens in all types of business

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

The above post is dead on:thumb:

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IT'S A JOB! So what if Steve played like a warrior and had to get helped off the bus....etc.

Your boss gonna keep you around when the budget gets cut just because you served beans at the company picnic or worked an extra shift? You get paid your salary (or wages) for the doing the job you're expected to do at the time you're expected to do it.

All this discussion about "loyalty" and "class treatment" is ridiculous. The way things have gone done with Steve is the nature of the business- he's playing the business every bit to his advantage the same way the FO is.

NFL players are payed a lot money (and alot from me as PSL owner) because ITS THEIR JOB! We too often forget that fact because we live vicariously and idealistically through them.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm a company man

I don't think so... I think it was a pretty brutal indictment of our front office... Yeah, I was calling for Buds head like RollTide was... until Brian talked some sense into me... If you can't have faith in the FO, then you might as well go root for another team. I'm ready to forget the past 2 years and focus on '07 and beyond... If Steve McNair is too good for the Titans... then I have no use for him. I'm going with the FO... even if they make me mad I'll come around...
    our league MVP gets treated like an old pair of sneakers?
    It's a "what have you done for me lately" business. :cry:
    I'm with Ewker.
    I so did not want to touch this...:rolleyes: but I'm a head case... so I can't help it... I'll remind you that TJ sets the parameters for what a signiture can be... also... that signiture is not "yours" as you put it...(mine, whatever)
    That signiture was painstakenly authored by Gunny for public use on this forum for support of VY... that is how I treat it and I claim no ownership to it... It is free to those who join the "Vince Young Movement" ... which I can't take credit for at all really... because Kami came up with the Witherspoon Movement... I honestly couldn't think of anything better so I ripped it off because it was just a good name.

10. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

I seem to remember people complaining that the Titans FO showed too much loyalty to Bruce Matthews... overpaid him at the end, and kept him when his skills were clearly in decline. Now everyone is screaming about how they are treating McNair. You cant have it both ways Titans fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar