The Bud speaks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I would like to see Munch challenge some players coming off the field sometimes when they make stupid plays. Heck even the coordinators.

Our guys come off the field like its no big deal. Regardless of what they say in the media or twitter...any of them who were standing around laughing and crap during that embarrassing beat down by GB last weekend clearly don't have half the pride in their play they claim they do.

We need new blood In so many places...from executive leadership on down. If I was the asst. trainer I would tell Griff to get his own dang water bottle...

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I don't understand Adams. He says he cares, but to me it just seems like he's lost interest in football or he doesn't have all his wits anymore.

He's 90 years old, only has a limited amount of time left, yet he half asses a rebuild, hiring munchak, letting Vince Young and Fisher go, drafting Locker, letting Finnegan go. All of these decisions weren't supposed to pay off for 3-5 years down the road, when he might not even be alive. Why would he authorize all that?

He talked about sitting down with Munchak and seeing what Munchak thinks. Sounds like Munchak will deceive him into thinking he's a good coach, and we'll be stuck with this bum for next season sadly...

Honestly I don't see how he cares at all if he's not in 100% win NOW mode with this team. Next season isn't guaranteed for him, why wouldn't he turn into Dan Snyder and become the Offseason champions? At this point I wish he would do that...

Go out and get a Gruden or Saban, trade for a Cousins or Vick, get out the check book (money is worthless to him now) and sign guys like Mike Wallace, Dashon Golson, Jarius Byrd, Jake Long, etc..

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Why wait Bud? Pull the trigger now! Start with the GM.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We have one week left. It would be silly to start firing staff now.

5. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I get that for the coaching staff but the fans need hope. Bud can dump the GM and other FO staff now. They have no roll in the game itself. Bud show us you are serious about bringing a winner back to town. One of our problems has always been procrastination. Prove to us that things are going to really change!

6. xpmar9x

Whats wrong with our GM? I thought they've done a decent job. He took Kendall Wright, that's about my only confusing pick... but he produced. Eventually Nate will be gone and Kenny is always hurt/trouble. But, he found Zach Brown, Martin, and Coty.. all 3 contrubited instantly. He brings in talent, not his fault the coaching staff can't develop them.

In FA he added Hutchinson (who is old, but was decent). Let go off Cortland, which was the right move.. he's not worth 10mil to play nickle. Bringing back Griffin was silly. He then got screwed with BA went after Peyton, which wouldn't allow him to go after any other FAs.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

nope. Just go into sunday with interim coach staff and expect everyone too be professional about it.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

your giving him too much leeway and its MR/RW combo that must go.

They screwed the CAP/Titans not only with 'la Vagician' but Amano as well. Seems there was another stupid contract as well. JMcC contract is arguable but at this time not the dumbest thing the dynamic duo have done. Same with the CS extension. Could have been worse.

One of my big gripes is the contracts too decrepit FAs like Hutchinson. Dude was old and comming off injury - really thats the best you can do for the OL and then too top that off ignore the OL throughout the draft. I mean good OL were right there and Titans went with stupid skill position players instead of building the lines - just flat out stupid. I said so at the time and I still say so.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/

interesting little site

9. xpmar9x

Amano was a legit guard, once Mawae retired and he had to go play center... he began sucking. The figured he could switch easily back to center, and he couldnt.

The McCourty contract is pretty bad.. his cap hit is 8mil/yr - Cortlands is 10mil/yr. J-Mac can ball, 8-mil puts him in that Top-10 salary for corners. That's pretty darn good, and you're crazy if you think J-Macs a top-10 corner... talking to you JCBRAVE.

I think we assumed the Hutchinson would be the "Mawae" of the OL we needed. We have Velasco who obviously can play, if you've watched him this year... he's been legit. And Amano at center. We didn't have any huge holes and we couldn't pay another center legit money without getting rid of Amano first. But again.. as soon as Bud went crazy after Peyton all of our FA targets died because we were saving for Peyton. If you remember we brought in plenty of OL targets: Meyers & Wells are two names I remember.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

oh I remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar