The Bright Side If Locker Fails This Season;

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrandMajesty1, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandMajesty1

GrandMajesty1 Special Teams Standout

As long as Gregg Williams and Jerry Grey this season gets the defense on track and vastly improves into at least a top 15 unit in the NFL, Ryan Fitzpatrick may have finally found a team to call home for the next two seasons IF the worse happens. This will be almost identical to 2011 with Hasselbeck, but Fitzpatrick is the younger veteran who truly can carry this team by mid-season, especially working with a tremendous running attack from CJ and Greene. The offensive line and receiving core could especially flourish under Fitz this year.

I always thought Locker was a reach pick in the first round of the 2011 draft, and told most every football friend and die hard alike I've known at the time, that Andy Dalton was going to be the best quarterback coming out of that draft. I wanted Nick Fairley and was hoping that Dalton would be there in the 2nd round which he was if I was the coach or GM. (No comments please). Regardless of what Fairley has done as of late in Detroit, I think he would had a better home in Nashville especially IF we signed Mario Williams in the 2012 off season as appose to going after Manning.

The best free agent signing this off season out of the entire group may very well have been Ryan Fitzpatrick. Now, it's not about pushing the panic button just yet. He had a bad practice, ok. He's going into this third year as the undisputed starter. But like Blaine Gabbert, there just isn't that (Andrew Luck) mystique about this player. The NFL and it's young players in this day and age who are going to be future superstars, have a tendency to showcase that stardom usually within their first or second seasons as of late. Just watching Andrew Luck against the Bills, it's amazing to see. Even watching Kaepernick in his limited action against the Broncos.

Good luck Jake. I know the pressure's on, but they don't pay you millions and millions of dollars at this level for almost or hopefully. I really hope you prove myself and all of your skeptical fans wrong and have a great year in Tennessee with the Titans.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I get to see every Bengal game... Dalton's good, but he looks almost the same every year. His ceiling was low, I guess.

Better than nothing but he looks to be as good as he'll get.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats what kept me from falling in love with Dalton, he's already peaked.

He's got Matt Hasselbeck written all over him, he'll have a good career, but never do anything special.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I was praying that Von Miller would fall to us, he didn't. I then prayed that Patrick Peterson or Julio Jones fall to us, neither did. I did not want Gabbert, knew he would suck. I also did not want Aldon Smith, he's proved me way wrong. Finally, I wanted either JJ Watt or Ryan Kerrigan (being a B1G guy, I was bias). I did not anticipate JJ Watt to be this amazing, but dang we missed out. In the 2nd round I wanted Christan Ponder, I thought he was going to legit - wrong I was.

We opted for Locker & Akeem Ayers. Hopefully Locker comes out and proves the haters wrong & I think Ayers is set for a big year.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think you are being generous. I would say Chad Pennington at best.

And did we really need another Jake Locker thread? Really?

6. JCBRAVE

Pennington was a pretty good QB despite not being able to throw but 40-yards. I liked Chad when he was a Jet. Probably the least athletic QB around, he once juked a LB out of his shoes, Ill never forget that play.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Could you imagine if our draft went...

1st - Watt

2nd - Kaepernick

Oh what could have been.

8. JCBRAVE

That couldnt have happened, Niners took Kaep before our 2nd pick

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

1st - Watt
    2nd - Kaep
    3rd - Mason Foster (replacing Ayers, he was our 2nd)
    4th - Cecil Shorts (over McCarthy, also allows us to not take Wright)

then in '12, could of taken Harrison Smith, Chandler Jones, or David DeCastro

Oh well, you could do this with about every team in every years draft.

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Kaep has looked good, so far, with much more talent than what Locker has around him. Especially the OL last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar