The Bonehead Awards

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thats not necessairly true. I wasnt in their war room so I dont know if they tried to trade down or not, I would think they probably did though. But you cant trade down if no one is willing to trade with ya. If safety was the position they wanted then why pass it up, no point in drafting another position when you want a S and there is still a first round S on the board. I dont consider that a bonehead move.

2. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

This year's draft by Buffalo was obviously being run by the the Cincinnati Bengals of the 80's. People are still wondering if their phones were working at draft central.

I thought the Ravens reached a bit to get Ngata, even moving up one spot with the Brownies to get the reported "slacker".

Whatever the Jags are trying to do, it's obvious that if you're a tall guy, you can play for Del Rio. They snagged a 6'-6" TE on Saturday, to go with their 6'-4" and 6'-6" receiver duo.

3. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Dg - they reckon that at least Denver were willing to trade up (they traded with up to get Cutler). At that point they could have been thinking Cardinals taking Cutler or Leinart.

On the Ravens: They did a GREAT deal to move up one spot. Cleveland were happy with Bunkley but they must have bluffed enough to Baltimore to get them to move. A sixth rounder to get the guy you really like - and the guy who Ray Lewis will depend on? It's worth it.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Thats what I thought for a while, but picking up White in the second was a steal. Reese should be arrested by the FBI, but then again, Reese can't help the stupidity of 31 other GMs

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We had to take a chance on white...

White with the 45th pick was just too good to pass up. We now have 2 4th and 2 5th rd picks plaenty of opportunity to get a few lineman. A DT would also be nice.

6. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The Texan fans are walking around today saying - "at least we don't follow the Bills". They must have just panicked. Trading UP for the DT was plain crazy. From their original spot there was a HEAP of talent still on the board.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

Gabe Watson, Mahelona and others.

I want Chijoke from OU, I think he could be a player in the NFL with the right coaching(poor mans Cromartie)

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

John McCargo
    DT - NC State
    projected to go 61 - Buffalo took him at 26

BONEHEAD

I guess everyone wanted to jumo on the NC State bandwagon

Someone should go hire their DL coach :brow:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Blasphemy
    Hopefully he's able to remedy that with the selection of Max Jean-Giles

Floyd got the Revolution of the QB position
    PLUS he got (imo) the most NFL capable RB 2 hours after he shoulda been gone. I really thought Floyd had made a mistake by trading back, but when White was still there it just became genius

I would have liked to have moved back into the 3rd, but with Giles, Bing, and Ko still around; I think he did the right thing by staying put

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

They are saying the Oilers had a better draft than the Bills, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar