The Billy Ball Era Begins in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In the first 10 starts of his career, Titans QB Billy Volek threw for more yards (2,786) than any quarterback in the history of the league since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970. But much of that came at the helm of a bad team facing big deficits that required a throw-it-all-the-time offense. "It was a shootout almost every game," Volek said. Now the six-year backup steps into the starting role and is looking to quiet the talk of when rookie QB Vince Young will get on the field. "To go into my seventh year as the starter, I'm excited about it," said Volek. "I'm going to take this opportunity and run with it. People know what I can do and just to put a string of starts together is exciting."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Bizz21

Bizz21 Guest

Yeah baby it's BILLY BALL...He will do great!!! I love McNair and I can't wait until Vince is ready...but...I think it will be great to see a pure passer for awhile!

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

i'm all for him. Finally everyone's done talking about Steve. Hopefullly we're in a Drew Brees Situation.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

People are far from done talking about Steve.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Go BV!!!

6. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

hmm...
    K.B
    K.V.B.
    B.V.
    Startin' to see a pattern develop.

7. I feel good for Volek, I'll be really happy for him if he plays well this year, and perhaps the next if they feel VY is not ready (although that is unlikely)

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yeah, then they can fire Reese, Fisher, Chow and Swartzie...

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ouch!

Which is why I think they better bring in Collins. I think Volek will get munched and if Mauck or VY is a starter for half the season, Reese and Fisher may not see the VY era.

Collins has been munched before and has been a better QB than Volek. But bring in KC and let them duke it out in training camp. At least we get the best starter and a quality backup now that McNair is gone.

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar