The Big Trade We Will Make This Offseason, if any..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by theprizdfighter, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Stop any talk of getting in the off-and-on trade talks about Cutler.

Lions have openly said that they are taking offers for the #20 in the first round. We need to man up and give them some picks for it and possibly Chris Henry.

Think of what we could get with two first rounders. That would lock us (if we wanted this combo) a top grade (for this draft) LB and DE, at least. Whatever combo you think of, I like the idea of drafting two players in the first 30 drafted.

I apologize if this has already been brought up in another thread.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

No trades other than maybe moving around in the draft.

3. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I like the way you think!

4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I think the Lions are more interested in giving up the #1 than the #20. Schwartz is from the Titan school, value....... I wouldn't want the #1 either. Too much money and risk involved.

From what I read, Lions want that #20 pick.....there's someone there of interest.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd be kind of interested to get the #20 pick without giving up the 30th. But I'll add, I'm almost more interested in pick #33. I had a notion on another thread to trade Ball, our 2nd, and a 6th (our 4th if need be) to acquire #33. But I'll bite:

Bo Scaife - I think Bo could be worth a 2nd as a FA, TE, no worse than a 3rd

Dave Ball - I'd rate Ball as a 4th b/c of production, but more like a 5th due to injury; but Schwartz knows him, and he brings some versatility, so I try to stick with him as 4th round value

Next year's second.

I know someone will be thinking "Vince" and "draft Sanchez with #20." But this gets too messy. Then someone will say, "trade #20 and Collins for Cutler," and it just goes from there.

I'd be willing to say LenDale instead of a future pick. If we got Holt, I might say Gage. Two starters and a reserve who has started should be worth #20, IMO.

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Truth be known, though, I'd rather let the board fall to us. I would really want to position ourselves high in the 2nd rather than ten spots higher in the first.

I would trade Scaife and Ball for #33.

#30 - Hakeem Nicks - WR, North Carolina
    #33 - Jarron Gilbert - DT, San Jose St
    #62 - Connor Barwin - DE, Cincinnati
    #94 - Kevin Barnes, CB, Maryland
    #130 - Frantz Joseph, ILB, Florida Atlantic
    #135 - Deon Butler, WR, Penn St.
    #173 - Sherrod Martin, S, Troy (6'1 198 4.52 40, 6.6 3-cone, 3.98 20-yard shuttle)
    #203 - Ian Johnson, RB, Boise St.
    #206 - Khalif Mitchell, DT, East Carolina
    #239 - Cedric Dockery, OG, Texas
    #242 - Darius Hill, TE, Ball St.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what does jarron gilbert give us that we don't already have? he's small and quick, that's all we have on the d-line right now.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I see him as Jones' frame with more weight and slighly less speed. I think Brown and Vickerson could be gone next year. I put a big butt in later, but if something unpredictable happens, such as losing KVB, but retaining Brown, while losing Ball and Kearse, it gives us the ability to move Jones outside to DE if need be. Also keeps him out of our division in round two. I like Hood somewhat, but not crazy about Marks high. Moala? No thanks. Brace? Pass. Big Butts? Chris Baker's probably the best of that lot, for the Titans' purposes, IMO.

It's probably just me, but it seems we overall draft the smaller DT versus the big one 2:1. At least Gilbert could grow to 300 lbs in a couple of years. Reading the conditioning article, Jones seems to struggle with staying around 285, and if he's optimum where he's at, I wouldn't try to change it really. Also, Gilbert, too, plays end, so he's got value as dual-threat, possibly every-down lineman.

9. Sarcasm alert: VY and Chen for Brady Quinn? That would be good....

Seriously though, at this poing unless they are going to aquire a good QB like a Brady Quinn then I'd have to say we just give up some picks to move up in the draft to get a really good WR or CB. I don't think we are hurting really bad other than those two positions. I can see us picking up at least two CB's in the draft to fill that depth need.

Other than that, I'm not even sure we need another DT unless we find a BIG BOY with some athletics.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

Have you looked at a draft trade chart? We'd have to give up our 1st (pick 30) AND our 2nd to get back pick #20 and maybe a 5th. You wanna give up 2 really good players for pick 20?

If we don't give up our 1st, we don't have enough picks this year to get there...even with our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th picks.

Chris Henry is worth nothing in a draft trade since there will be undrafted free agent who are better than he is.

Sorry to burst your bubble...but about the best you could hope for is moving up to about 24 from 30 and that'd cost us our 3rd rnd pick.

If you wanted to trade our 2nd and a player for pick #20, you'd have to be talking about a GOOD starting player. We don't have a lot of those to give up...

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar