"The Big Three @ QB"

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

That's quite a bold statement, don't you think ?

Some sources:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/53419.html
    excerpt: "May not offer early returns but has more upside potential than any other signal-caller in this draft."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04119/307633.stm
    excerpt: "Big Ben isn't as NFL-ready as Philip Rivers, but his strong arm and classic style give him a bigger upside."

The Roethlisberger hype reminds me of Cutler more so than the other qb's really... and he ended up going 11th despite some people having him going number 1 overall...

And this is just something I thought was hilarious while I was googling this...

http://football.about.com/cs/nflmockdrafts/a/2004vmock1124_3.htm
    excerpt: "Roethlisberger will learn from one of the best on how to read defenses and how to look off his intended target. He will be learning behind Bret Favre."

No word on whether that was sarcasm or not.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't see how VY is chopped liver. I can see where Cutler has a great arm and Leinart is a smart with the system guy... I think they are all great...

I just don't see what the "VY sucks" lobby is based in... :hmm:

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, back then I did want to draft him as a possible QB who could be converted to WR as a fallback option. Now I want to draft him in the first round, no question. Hadn't really seen him that much then, and I am a big proponent of players finishing their schooling. It gives them options after football, not to mention it is another level of acheivement, and another year to develop. With Young, though, it is clear his stock will never be higher. And this last season showed he may have what it takes in a big big way. I'm sure some others have changed tunes for the same reasons.

4. about the whole finishing the school thing, after he announced he was going pro he made a point right after to say that he was going to come back to for his senior year

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't think I think made my point clear. I simply meant that neither Cutler nor Leinart are a Roethlisberger, but VY's situation/hype reminds me alot of Roethlisberger's.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Plus.............

That's what I thought he would end up doing. If the Texans' stayed on course with only a couple of looses in 2 years, he would have a shot at the Heisman.

7. fitantitans

What a name

By reading your name, 'dontdraftCutler', I can see how it would be impossible to say anything close to being NICE about Cutler. Cutlers chances are real good as far as wearing a Titans uniform in 2006. Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels that Cutler would make a great Titans QB.
    One other thing to note, IF...............IF, McNair doesn't get back into Baptist Sports Park, the Titans will need their new QB to be ready ASAP. No one yet has said that VY could do that, only Cutler and Leinart.

8. fitantitans

I agree 100%. And now with Steves new situation, VY could be out of the picture altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar