"The Big Three @ QB"

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by fitantitans, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

The Tennessean, 4-2-06. A short breakdown of the big 3 QBs by Jim Wyatt.
    He says Leinart "lacks foot speed", and "isn't a good runner outside the pocket". Is that something a Titans QB needs? I think it is. McNair always found the need to take-it-on-the-lamb during every game, even when we had a good O-Line. I truely believe that Mannings poor outside the pocket running will be the Colts downfall. McNair could do everythng the situation asked for, pocket passer, throwing on the run, throwing outside the pocket, throwing deep and he could run the ball. Young looks more like a McNair copy than the other two.

About Young, he says, "Lacks ideal field awareness and has struggled reading complicated coverages". OUCH !!! And that observation was of a COLLEGE player, not an NFL player. In the NFL, that spells Picked-off. One year on the bench is not going to fix this. This is something he'll learn on the field.

Cutler, he says, "Fumbles more than occasionally...Sometimes eyeballs his primary receiver too much". Hummmmmm. An easy fix?

Of the three and their weaknesses, it sounds like Cutler will be easier to get ready to play NFL football, with Leinart coming in second.
    He mentions 'leadership' only once, and gives that to Leinart.
    The one word he says that sticks with me the most is, "Phenomenal", and he labels it to Young. But the one thing everyone says, one way or the other about Young, is "potential". Meaning: not yet, possibly in the furture.

I'm glad that I'll only be a spectator in the up and coming draft. I would hate to have to make this decision!!!

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Who do you like? I bet it's Cutler, isn't it?

3. fitantitans

I'm more of a Leinart fan, injuries and all. Leinart has been in the eyes and minds of the NFL since his Junior year. The other two have not. Heisman trophy is nice. He's worked with Chow whom has made some great QBs in the past. I honestly believe he's the better of the three.
    As I have said numerous times on this board, I got laughed at for mentioning Young's name early last season as a possible future NFL QB. He had one noteable game and now he's a first rounder. He's also the younger of the three. I'm still stuck on everyone saying that he has 'potential'. I don't want 'potential', I want proven skills. I'm not sold on the fact that Young could start after 1 year. I'm thinking atleast 2 years. Needless to say, I'm not a Young fan, but I hope he proves me wrong.
    Cutler looks like he was made for the Titans. Give him the ball and watch him run for his life! But I'm still leaning to Leinart.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm going to be exstatic about whoever it is, but I'm glad I don't have to make the call...

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:whoop: :yell2: vince young

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Wow! You may have only seen one of his noteable games but please believe Vince has a catalouge of amazing plays on the best defenses in the NCAA

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Pick Vince Young... don't mess up this one...
    when it's all said and done... pick :whoop: :yell2: Vince Young!!!

I think Cutler is OK. He's not my first choice but he is a fine qb.

I think Leinart will be gone and it will be a choice between Young and Cutler. I think we will end up taking Young. The only thing that is jamming that up is Steve's 25 million cap #... something absolutely positively must be done about that. We must retain Steve McNair. I feel that Steve is willing to cut off his nose to spite his face... In either case, Jay Cutler would make a great Titan... but it's very likely IMO, that the Titans will pass on him.

8. fitantitans

You're right, there's no guarantee that Leinart will be there at #3. To be truthful, until #2 is picked, we won't know who'll be there.

9. fitantitans

I'm not trying to start any fights,

nor am I trying to upset people or pick on anyone. These comments were made about Vince Young on or about October 29, 2005.

'NINE' said, "......I've never seen before a college QB who was so clearly destined for an NFL career as a WR".

'GLINKS' said, "If Young is foolish enough to come out next year, we should take him in the 2nd, then convert him to WR if need be".

'Soxcat' said, "Young is a great running QB but a marginal passer. He could develope into a desent passer but he would be a big risk as an early pick". I do agree with that comment.

'Maximus' said, "Fast, friends with McNair, nice arm but inaccurate".

I'm not picking on these guys, I agree with most of them.
    I liked VY early on, but up against Leinart and Cutler, maybe he should have stayed in Texas for another year like GLINKS suggested. It's hard to sell me on this guy when the above comments were the norm prior to him playing for the National Championship. Nothing was posted or discussed prior to the announcement of that game (of drafting VY), now the bandwagon is full.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG]
    hahahahahaha...[​IMG]
    That was before we knew what we've come to learn.
    Matt Leinart will be gone at #2...
    It's a choice between Young and Cutler...

I didn't know jack about Young in October...
    Most of those guys you have quoted would
    rate him higher now than they rated him then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar