The Big Problem- O-Line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think Mawae was important for pointing the little things out to help the linemen around him. That experience and game smarts is what I believe we miss.

Also, about CJ, he doesn't want to take the "grind it out" hits like Eddie. Especially right now while he desperately wants a big payday in a confusing time for the NFL regarding player compensation. I think he wants a big year, I just think he'll let up before grinding that extra yard, if ya know what I mean.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

IMO, we should have never moved Amano to C. Our team steamrolled against the Ravens in the playoffs with Leroy Harris at C. Now we struggle to get CJ better stats than ARIAN FOSTER.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Everything starts with the line. Our defense is playing well because our D-line is doing an amazing job. Our offense is struggling (especially the Running game) because our O-line appears to be doing badly. But when Defenses know your going to run and have figured how your offense works they'll send more guys then blockers so your O-line is going to look really bad.

You notice that when CJ was out of the game the defense relaxed and gave up a 50+ run because, I think, they don't expect Ringer to get carries so they played pass the whole way. I don't think the o-line is as bad as some people might think. I happen to think that the offensive focus on getting CJ carries no matter what is hurting the team overall. CJ is a great runner but when you get hit in the back field or met in the whole time after time you won't get yards. Other teams know that Fisher won't give VY many passing attempts and limit his plays so the only other key you have to look at is CJ. If CJ is in the Game he is the focus for the D. Even when we use CJ as a a decoy we are too obvious about it. I'm think especially of that screen to Bo Scaife. It was clearly a decoy play from the very beginning. Lets just run some regular plays that don't involve CJ in anyway just to keep the D guessing.

4. amstrf89

amstrf89 Starter

Posted this in another thread, but it probably fits in better here

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2010/10/5/1732188/titans-2010-o-line-titans-2009-d-line

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Whatever the problems with the offensive line we can blame it on one man, Jeff Fisher! Out of touch! Probably doesn't even own the latest Kanye CD.

Name one Filipino center in the NFL who is better than Amano?

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

In Fishers defense, who does own 808's and heartbreaks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar