The best news of the day

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I really really hope the Colts are able to find 3-4 wins in the remaining games. Dealing with Manning twice a year for 10 years is not fun. Dealing with Luck twice a year will suck.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Luck might suck for all we know.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

This is an honest question, not trying to sound smart aleck, but have you watched him play? At the moment he's completing 73% of his passes, which is a crazy stat altogether. But these completions aren't inflated like Gabbert's were last year when he would catch the snap and throw immediately to the closest WR or RB. Luck is making NFL throws and currently has 18 TDs to 3 INTs. He can run, has a cannon for an arm, is smart (heck he goes to Stanford), and is a big guy too. If we hadn't taken Locker last year and still needed a young franchise guy I would easily trade every pick in this years draft to move up to get him. Granted that was tried before with the Saints and Ricky Williams and it didn't work, but there's a difference in the stability that a QB can provide you compared to a RB. Looking back who wouldn't trade every draft pick for Manning, Rodgers or Brady. A good franchise QB can stabalize your franchise easily for over 10 years. You can use other drafts to start rebuilding what you missed out on from losing all those picks, but a franchise QB is the foundation of any successful team with few exceptions.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've been waiting for Manning to get old and retire for years now. Isn't it just our luck (no pun intended) that the best QB (in may people's opinions) since Peyton is coming out the same year they have a chance to land the 1st pick. Folks we need to start cheering for the Colts to win and the Fins to fail or we could be in for another long 15 years.

5. Carp

Carp Starter

While the AFC is the worst division, it is only so because teams have their best players hurt. Texans are missing Johnson and have Foster has missed a lot of time. Colts are of course without Peyton. We are without Britt.

Jags are playing about as expected since they cut loose their would be starting QB a week before the season. Good D, but terrible offense outside of MJD.

6. Carp

Carp Starter

Matt Leinart was never talented enough to be a starting NFL caliber QB. He had a pea shooter for an arm and wasn't really that accurate. Luck has a cannon, is very accurate, and reads defenses very well. He is everything you want from an NFL QB.

Some said he was the most polished QB since Peyton. But polish can't make up for lack of talent, which Leinart severely lacked

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The AFC South is what I think you mean..

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

time to root for the colts to win a few games.

Luck may not turn out to be all that but I don't want the Colts to have a shot at their next Franchise QB

10. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

Colts are wishing to 'Suck for Luck' :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar