The Bears bend over for Leinart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

True. Pacman blocked a punt and turned it into a safety. Without that, we would have lost by a point.
    Just for those who found that exchange confusing.....

2. avvie

Now, that's some meat and potatoes. You raise a good point there.

Fans, when we fought the battle of mcNair vs. Manning, and the colts started breaking records all over the place while we floundered, and we jeered Manning for being a pansy while we waited for McNair to get out of the hospital, who really had the better QB?

During the Battle of Fisher and Volek, Starkiller asked me "What has BV done besides thrown a good deep ball"? Well, with a good team, a ball-thrower can win. In his first ten starts, he was 3-7...but those loses were due to defensive failures, not offensive ineptitude. His numbers were awesome.

It seems to me that the excitement over VY is because he can run...which tells me that the fans are expecting him to carry the team on his back, as Mc9 has been known to do. That doesn't fare well for the QB or the team for very long. Maybe PM had it right the whole time.

3. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

pacman didnt block the punt... it was our 4th TE

4. avvie

My bad...it looked like him from the highlight reel.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Except for the light skin and the big #48 on his back.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all the Cardinals don't have a better O-line. Their O-line has been the weak part of their team. Secondly James is averaging a whopping 2.7 yards per carry this year so I wouldn't say they have a very good running game (indicates O-line problems), Thirdly, Fitzgerald is a great WR but in Leinart's two starts he has a whopping 2 catches and he wasn't even active for the Bear game. I seriously doubt the Cardinals win that game with VY at QB. Infact it woould be lunacy to think so. James had only 55 yards rushing in that game, Leinart had 232 yards passing with 2 TDs and no ints against the best defense in the NFL. Compare that to Henry running for almost as many yards the last two games as James has had all season. VY's passing rating for the year is 56.5. Leinart's passing rating is 84.4.

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And ours hasn't?

And what was our average before the last two games?

Well Anquan Boldin and Bryant Johnson are not exactly bad receivers either.

So again, while Leinart is better than Vince at this stage, he does have better options to work with, except the O-line, but it's debateable how much better ours really is (hopefully this new lineup will change that significantly).

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Just so you know every player on the Titans are NFL caliber talent. Bennett, Givens, Wade and Troupe would make every NFL roster. Troupe is not playing well so far this season, why I don't know, but he does have the talent.

Titan OL is bad, but not Cardinal bad. Matter of fact now that Piller is not playing the OL is playing good.

Point is claiming VY does not have talent around him is ridiculious.

???????????

Have you even seen a Titan game?

Titans would stomp a hole in the Longhorns if they were to play, every single time. Plus Burnt Orange is not really a color more a chemical reaction.

Again have you even seen a Titan game? VY is one weapon on the Titan O, an important one, but just one.

Yet again have you even seen a Titan game?

Reese is the GM, Givins has gotten his 20m+ to be that playmaker ( has not produced on the field, but that is what he was paid to do ), OL has improved with the absence of Piller. MLB, SS, DE and one CB are the biggies on D.

you can do whatever you want but I would suggest you learn more about the Titans before you make these silly arguments.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think anyone questioned that Leinart would have the most immediate success in the NFL. He played in a pro-style system in college. He should be well ahead of Young at this point.

Let's evaluate this in three seasons and see where they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar