The Bears bend over for Leinart

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by avvie, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan256

Titansfan256 Guest

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDjG9XlsHqQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dDjG9XlsHqQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. Racker's was an awful kicker 5 or so years ago, really awful, I wonder if las season was a fluke, thrilling game though...

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

What have you been sippin' on and where have you been? Have you not been watching Titans football the past three weeks or even since pre-season? Vince has been improving by leaps and bounds. I knew you Leinart-jockhuggers would come out. I can't believe you guys......The one thing that blows me away is you have the guts to say Vince is talent-less or less talented than Leinart! Vince may not be on the money 100% of the time, or may not have the best of Touch, but in comparison to Pre-Season and camp this kid has made major improvements. The one thing Vince exceled in on Sunday was Decision making. We won that game in big thanks to his decision making and poise.

Bottom line: Vince and Leinart will be stars in this league, no doubt. While Leinart may be already showing the goods, he wont get any better. Vince on the other hand will by the '08 season have us where we want to be, hell maybe even next year at the rate he's improving. Both are natural leaders and both very promising lads, to say one's better than the other is ludacris. Also, lets see what happens when Leinarts knees give him a fit or his arm starts to wear out? What will you say than?

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, that was a big concern for me. he's(leinart) had two knee surgeries and one on his throwing arm.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Leinart is one-dimensional. I don't want him.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

That's another good point and there's nothing wrong with that. But, it is something that does and will bode well for Vince. I remember the comentators saying on Sunday that the Skins D were being held honest, in most part due to Henry's running, but also because Vince poses the same threat to burn you with his legs.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what does Soxcat know anyways? He's a Bears fan.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:yes: all that :yes: thanks for saving me the trouble of blowing up with a similar rant. I'm buying it.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Yea, VY has really improved. I'll buy that except he is still not close to Leinart based on what I have seen so far. You VY-jockhuggers forget that Henry has been running wild the last two weeks and our defense has played well. We could have had Collins in there and been competitive. We won the last game because we blocked a FG.
    In the NFL a QB's first job is to throw the ball. Leinart is light years ahead of Young. By the way, this is football not baseball so I'll ignore the ridiculous comment about Leinart's arm wearing out. Also, if you think VY is going to be around alot longer than Leinart you are drinking cool aid. VY has already come close to being on IR a couple of times with his ankle and because he runs the ball is going to take alot more punishment.
    The bottom line is Leinart looks alot more like a Tom Brady, Manning style QB and has only played 2 games. He is poised, doesn't have to be reminded to not get a delay of game every play and against the best defense in football I didn't see one stupid decision or poorly thrown ball. It is also stupid to think Leinart can't get better and even if he didn't he might still be better than Young will ever be. I would rather have the guy who is already good and not be worried that we wasted a #3 pick on a guy who may never be that good.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Well, as far as I'm concerned, the Cardinals have our #1 draft picks from the past two years. (Rolle and Leinart)

Makes sense that we got ex-Card Kyle Vanden Botch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar