The average game for our players

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Crunching the Numbers (A lot of math involved so correct me if I'm wrong) Calculated using entire careers (in games they were active in, so the results aren't skewed.)

VINCE YOUNG

Passing:
    23 Passing Attempts
    13 Completions
    151.8 yards passing
    0.71 Passing TDs
    0.86 INTs

Rushing:
    5.3 Rushes
    27.8 Rushing Yd
    0.26 Rushing TDs

Total:
    YPG:179.6
    TDs:0.97
    Fumbles:0.4

CHRIS JOHNSON

Rushing
    15.4 Carries
    104 Yards
    0.74 Rushing TDs

Receiving
    3 Receptions
    24 Yards
    .096 TDs

Total:
    128 Yards
    0.836 Tds
    0.12 Fumbles (very impressive)

KENNY BRITT
    2.6 Receptions
    43.8 Yards
    0.18 TDs
    0.06 fumbles

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So Kenny Britt averages almost 20 yards a catch... uhh... let's throw to him more.

3. nickmsmith

He averaged 16.7 YPC last yr.

I'm going by yards divided by games to get my numbers on an "average" yards per game, not his actual YPC, but they end up being very similar when you divide them out.

It looks like you're trying to be facetious (it's hard to tell over text), but actually he does have a high YPC. My formula for average game was actually lower than his real YPC (16.5 vs. 16.7). So let's do throw to him more.

ESPN didn't keep a record of "thrown to", "YAC" or "drops" but it seems like when we get the ball to Britt, he does big things.

4. T-Titan

T-Titan Starter

Then we should throw the ball on every down to Kenny B. since VY is completing better than 50% of his passes. therefore we should average around 33 yards per every 4 plays?

5. nickmsmith

Yes, in the same way that Chris Johnson ACTUALLY got 5.6 yards every time he ran the ball, and 10.1 every pass he caught.

As in every average, it is a way to evaluate what has been done, it doesn't necessarily guarantee the results in the future, but I figured any neanderthal would understand that.
    Glad to insult you on your first post. Welcome!
    [​IMG]

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Time for Vince to really step up because those numbers won't cut it.

7. T-Titan

T-Titan Starter

Durn Law of Averages :grrhee:

8. nickmsmith

The most encouraging thing I've found today is that CJ fumbles on 0.65% of his running plays. Not 6.5%, 0.65%

That is pretty good. 609 carries, 4 fumbles.

also CJ's TDs per game would be better if Lendale hadn't been the Goal Line hog that he was in '08. You could probably reasonably have had him at at least 1 TD per game, if not more, since that one year was a sizable chunk of his career thus far.

9. T-Titan

T-Titan Starter

thanks, look forward to more I'm sure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. T-Titan

T-Titan Starter

I knew he didn't fumble much but that has got to be a league low for RB's.
    you being the stat guy should look into that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar