The Annual "Why did that movie win best picture?!" Academy Awards thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Tron? That's probably 80's The Godfather. Al Pacino Scarface. That 83', that's almost the 70's.

OK. Those Richard Pryor moves with Jackie Gleason. I like those.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

YOU SAID:

Older movie not popular.

Drive releases.

Older movies not popular, because of Drive.

That's easy; Tron Legacy was much more recognized and did MUCH better at the box office than the original. DVD sales of the original Tron did eventually go up; however, the film is still mocked and is STILL vastly under appreciated because of it's "outdated" use of CGI...even though the original story is better and more innovative.

3. Titans Eternal

I get what you are saying, but I disagree on Tron. I think the original Tron was a classic, and the only reason the new one didn't flop is because Jeff Bridges is a deity.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

The original Tron is one of the most innovative and genre-bending films of all time. The visual effects, Jeff Bridges return, Olivia Wilde and Daft Punk's score all aided Tron: Legacy's efforts in becoming a successful film. The script was the film's undoing.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

But the story was AWFUL!! Just plain awful!

An 8bit max program anthropomorphized? Zeros and ones given personality traits?
    Nice to look at, but just plain stupid. And poor ol Donald Walker doing that pathetic dying scene... ugh.

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The Island started off good, fell apart in the second half (especially since Bay just redid the chase scene from Bad Boys 2 lol in The Island), should have been Spieberg's movie.

Gotta give the art team credit for the Transformer movies though, especially the last one, hate it or not, it's blind hate to not see that the last 20 minutes of that film was a visual masterpiece. And Bay is a talented director, problem is he shouldn't be a full time director, he'd be one hell of a sidekick though, like if there's a bunch of chaos and sh*t blowing up, no one does it better than Bay. If there's a dialogue involved, he needs to step aside. Take for example the falling skyscraper scene in Transformers 3, that was insane and it takes skills to direct something like that.

The only Bay movies I can say I loved were the Bad Boy movies.

7. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

I did not mean to offend any homosexuals with this. Sorry Deuce. :kiss:

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What does this mean?

I'm a Titans Eternal fan but Scarface is some overhyped crap..
    I think I can speak for Oneton and myself that there are great films in every decade and you can't judge a movie by it's era (or whether or not it has sound). Ruling out a movie by that criteria is bogus..

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Bonobos are totally gay..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VSDVRuPydk"]Bonobos - YouTube[/ame]

10. Titans Eternal

I don't claim to be an artist, or a critic. My taste in movies is probably mundane to most "experienced" cinema viewers. I *love* Al Pacino's Scarface. I didn't even realize it was a remake until a few years ago. Never seen those( were there two?), but the way Pacino played Tony was fantastic. I love that movie.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar