The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

ok, so ucla's score on the punt block washes with UTs gift at the end of the first half and tennessee missed a FG from a lesser distance.

so that means ucla's offense still outscored tennessee's, i guess that means ucla's defense whipped tennessee's offense?
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

This is a pretty dumb debate over how literally to take my meaning.

Tennessee's D played good, and other than near the end where we kept giving up 7 yard passes as our d played off the ball, the d controlled that side of the game.

Tennessee rushed for 177 on 34 carries. Really did well in that aspect. I would say UCLA's secondary and pass rush dominated Tennessee though. I couldn't say their D controlled the game though.
  3. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

i just don't see how you can whip someone who scores 27 points on you.
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

They drove down the field on UT in the second half like it was easy. This being a JUCO transfer that's never started a game before. They marched up the field and had the UT defense gassed, as they were seen literally on their hands and knees gasping for air.
    Again - UT dominated the first half, and UCLA dominated the 2nd. Difference was that UCLA executed in overtime while UT failed to do so.
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I saw nothing in that game to indicate the Vols will be in the mix this season.
  6. Alex1939

So, in your world, did the Ravens defense also give up 7 points in Superbowl 35?
  7. Alex1939

I guess I watched a different game. I saw Tennessee play Schwartz style defense in the 2nd half, allowing underneath passes all game long.

A defense that allows under 50 rushing yards, gets 4 turnovers, and only surrenders 17 points. I would say most offenses in college should win the game if the defense is going to be able to do that.
  8. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

20 points
  9. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

fine, the scored 20 points in an *** kicking, better? that's still more points than the vols offense scored.
  10. Alex1939

Look, I can understand that you don't consider the Vols D to have "whipped" UCLA. I understand that you don't think they controlled or dominated that side of the game. Perhaps saying the Vols D whipped them was too much of an exaggeration on my part.

But I don't know how the hell you blame the Vols D for the OT field goal that UCLA kicked.

SO, if on Sunday, the Jags have 3 kick returns by MJD for 60 yards each to the Titans 25 yard line.... and the Jags gain minimal yardage and make 3 field goals.... you are going to blame those 9 points on the Titans Defense?

That makes no sense to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.