The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

OSU sucks dude. They're way overrated. Big 10 sucks also. SEC is the best. Bama, Georgia, Florida, and LSU would all beat OSU. I'd include Auburn but they don't have a good enough offense but their defense could how you guys.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

BCS Bowl wins and appearances for SEC and Big10:

SEC (6 schools): 11-4
    Big10 (7 schools): 8-9

Orange Bowl 00': Michigan (at large) 35, Alabama (SEC Champ) 34 (OT)
    Sugar Bowl 02': LSU (SEC Champ) 47, Illinois (Big10 Champ) 34
    National Championship Game 07': Florida (SEC Champ) 41, Ohio State (Big10 Champ) 14
    National Championship Game 08': LSU (SEC Champ) 38, Ohio State (Big10 Champ) 24

* interestingly enough, those are the only BCS games featuring SECvs.Big10.

3. The Playmaker

I'd give you rep but I have to spread it.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Do your high school a favor and don't join the debate team.

OK but in the last 5 season the Big 10 is 9-8 against the SEC in bowl games.

5. The Playmaker

Anyone who tries to compare the Big 10 to the SEC needs to ride the short bus. Let alone joining the debate team.

6. The Playmaker

Yet Florida and LSU have won the past 2 national championships against the best Big 10 team.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

9-8 In bowl games in the last 5 years. That's 9 wins FOR the Big 10 and 8 wins for you. I'm just saying.... were not as bad as you think and the SEC is more overrated than people think.

OK that's 2 games, that's a pretty poor sampling size if you ask me.

8. The Playmaker

2 national championships isn't a poor sampling size. SEC is better face it.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I didn't say they weren't better I just said the Big 10 isn't as bad as people think and the SEC is VERY overrated. Face that.

I think Auburn is dreadful on offense. Tennessee is horrible at everything. Vanderbilt has no business being ranked. South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Mississippi are their usual bad selves. Florida, and Georgia were supposed to compete for a National Championship yet they both lost one to a bad team. I like Alabama but LSU hasn't beaten anyone. People say OSU has an easy schedule well what do you call App State, North Texas, Tulane and Troy? I'm aware USC destroyed us but at least we had a balls to schedule a tough out of conference game.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

this debate could rage on into eternity, why don't you both let the rest of the season play out and then decide

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar