The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Well it's Thursday August 28th and it's the first day of the college football season. A lot to look forward to this weekend. Anyway I made this thread to discuss the goings on of the college football season.

Enjoy the season!

2. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Is this one of those "the big 10 doesn't suck threads"? "we are just as fast as the SEC"!!! Ahhh how I love minor league NFL in the fall.....

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No it's just a thread to talk about college football. Thought I made that pretty clear.

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Listen we all are ready to enjoy some minor league NFL this weekend. I was just poking fun. It is what the threads usually dissolve into.

5. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Most overrated team is the Missouri Tigers, they will likely win the Big 12 north but that ain't saying much since the whole division sucks. They will lose 1 or possibly two games going into the title game and lose that one as well. They will likely go to the Holiday bowl and embarrass the conference.

Texas will win the conference, they are being overlooked by everyone.

6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Wow Tommy Beecher is pretty horrible lol.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:brow:

Michigan fans say App state is a good team and the SEC is afraid to schedule them and that App state would beat most SEC teams.

Funny to watch LSU destroying them.

and Michigan still sucks.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I think App State losing to Michigan was just a perfect storm of App State having nothing to lose, Michigan looking ahead, and Michigan not playing well. If they played again a week later I'm sure Michigan would have killed them. That being said, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Scary moment in Columbus, Wells went down with a foot injury and he looked pretty bad but looks like it might just be a sprained ankle. So dodged a bullet there.

The defense looked amazing. First string defense for 3 quarters gave up 1 first down via a penalty. I think we gave up about 30 yards in 3 quarters. I know it's Youngstown State but still, no first downs without a flag.

Boeckman threw a couple nice deeps balls and they weren't picked off and they hit the receiver in stride, something he struggled with a lot last year. If he can keep that up, he could be awfully good. Pryor also looked really good. He played 3 series' and I can already see why people call him the next Vince Young, this guy is for real. Our true freshman receiver the highly touted DeVier Posey looked very nice too.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Good win for ECU.

crazy game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar