The AFC South Division Race

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Well of course Indy is long out of it due to Manning being injured.The Jaguars are pretty much history and still have some rough games ahead which leaves Tennessee and Houston.

We find out Mario Williams is now out for the year not to mention Andre Johnson might be out a few more weeks.

I've never seen a more clear shot to the division title than what we have right now.Shaping up to be the perfect scenario for our team if they can seize this opportunity in front of them.

We get Houston right after a fresh bye week and after the play a very hard and physical Baltimore team then they have another road game against our Tennessee Titans.

Houston Texans 3-2
    Sep 11 - W vs. Indianapolis, 34-7
    Sep 18 - W at Miami, 23-13
    Sep 25 - L at New Orleans, 33-40
    Oct 2 - W vs. Pittsburgh, 17-10
    Oct 9 - L vs. Oakland, 20-25
    Oct 16 - at Baltimore, 4:05 PM
    Oct 23 - at Tennessee, 1:00 PM
    Oct 30 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM
    Nov 6 - vs. Cleveland, 1:00 PM
    Nov 13 - at Tampa Bay, 1:00 PM
    Nov 18 - Open
    Nov 27 - at Jacksonville, 1:00 PM
    Dec 4 - vs. Atlanta, 1:00 PM
    Dec 11 - at Cincinnati, 1:00 PM
    Dec 18 - vs. Carolina, 1:00 PM
    Dec 22 - at Indianapolis, 8:20 PM
    Jan 1 - vs. Tennessee, 1:00 PM

Tennessee Titans 3-2
    Sep 11 - L at Jacksonville, 14-16
    Sep 18 - W vs. Baltimore, 26-13
    Sep 25 - W vs. Denver, 17-14
    Oct 2 - W at Cleveland, 31-13
    Oct 9 - L at Pittsburgh, 17-38
    Oct 14 - Open
    Oct 23 - vs. Houston, 1:00 PM
    Oct 30 - vs. Indianapolis, 1:00 PM
    Nov 6 - vs. Cincinnati, 4:05 PM
    Nov 13 - at Carolina, 1:00 PM
    Nov 20 - at Atlanta, 1:00 PM
    Nov 27 - vs. Tampa Bay, 1:00 PM
    Dec 4 - at Buffalo, 1:00 PM
    Dec 11 - vs. New Orleans, 1:00 PM
    Dec 18 - at Indianapolis, 1:00 PM
    Dec 24 - vs. Jacksonville, 1:00 PM
    Jan 1 - at Houston, 1:00 PM

2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

'08 was our year and we gave it away as usual, and Manning was actually playing then as well. I lack faith in our ability to beat the lowly Texans at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Imagine if the very last game of the year determines the division and we have to travel to Houston....

4. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

And we will go to Houston, BEAT THERE ASSSS, celebrate winning the AFC South, Former Houston in Houston

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's fine, he's just scared of the Finnegan re-match.

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

9-7 can win this division this year. The Texans will fold like a cheap suit down the stretch. The Texan Fan thinks their schedule gets easy after Baltimore and that they will run away and hide.

Mario is out
    Andre is out for a " few weeks" I think he is hurt worse than they are saying and will take off season surgery to fix whats wrong. I think they will bring him back even at 60%. I think he will be hobbled the rest of the season.

Kubiak is a bad head coach. Matt Shaub is a wimp and very average without Andre Johnson.

This is the Titans to lose.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

The Texans always struggle with adversity...and what are they facing right now? A ton of adversity. I expect 8-8 at best for them to be completely honest. As for us, when we play our best we can hang with any team in the league, as shown by our performance against the Ravens. But on the other hand when we're off....We're off and it's ugly. It'll be a season of extreme up and downs, hopefully there are more ups than downs.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

AFC South Division Race

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I love our schedule and the timing of our bye week is perfect. We recieved a gift from al's draft picks on sunday.
    Britt is a major blow for us. However the texans losing Williams and Johnson is worse by far. A good old fashion beat down in Baltimore on Sunday(similar to the won we just took in Pittsburgh) would be perfect. I also invision someone laying out Schaub big time, so possibly they could be even more dinged up.They then have to come to LP to face what I hope is a fired up and angry Titans team. Losing to the texans is not an option.

I see us beating them, but I wanna see a few things:

- Harper needs to get some carries.we should be working on getting some powerback running plays into the book.
    -Velasco needs to be inserted into the O-line.
    - Any chance of seeing McCarthy a bit as well. He looked awesome preseason, and cant be any less effective than Ruud has been. On the the topic of linebackers can we send Ayers after the QB please. He did it very sucessfully at the bruins.
    - The D-line was borderline pathetic against the stoolers.Why is Ball in ahead of Morgan for 1st and 2nd downs? Casey looks like our best DT by some distance. And JJ needs to step it big time.
    - CB's have been impressive so far.
    - Lets get Avery in there and see what we have.

10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

HOUSTON -- Indianapolis owner Jim Irsay said Monday that he won't rule out a return this season by injured quarterback Peyton Manning, calibrating the odds at "slightly less than 50 percent."

While that's higher -- in fact, much higher -- than I expected, it still begs the question: Why would Peyton Manning return at all?

if it's December, and the Colts are buried in the AFC South why would Manning or the Colts risk further injury by having him play out the string to a lost season?

"Each season connects to the next season," said Irsay, here for the NFL fall meetings, "just like when we were 3-13 in 1998 (Manning's rookie year) and were 13-3 in 1999. Each year connects, and there's a thread that runs through your team. You want to get better, and if you're getting better in December that can carry through to next year.

Returning to play what could be meaningless games makes no sense to me. But it does to Irsay, Manning and the Colts, who don't see the rest of the season as meaningless -- regardless of the team's record. That's why Irsay would not rule out the return of his quarterback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar