The AFC Playoff Wildcard Race

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Oct 27, 2013.

1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Polamalu is pretty mediocre now... is he even going to make the Hall of Fame?

I know most people will say he's a lock for the Hall. I'm not so sure... he was amazing from like 2004-2008. That's not good enough for the HoF. He's been average since 2009.
  2. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Starter

agreed. the loss of reggie wayne will be huge for them. DHB struggles to catch a cold, and now T.Y. Hilton can be doubled.
  3. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Not only that but now everybody moves up a DB on the depth chart T?Y? No longer sees nickel backs linebackers and safeties now he's up agains starting corners and has to work out of jams off the line.

A lot of Lucks 'improvisation' came with Wayne knowing what to do when his QB needed him now The Drop Squad- DHB and Fleener are going to be counted on in crucial 3rd down situations.

They will drop a couple because of that plus Trent Richardson reminds me of LenDale White and that probably isn't a good thing for them
  4. charlzcrush

charlzcrush Starter

Sadly... Lendale > Trent.

At least White had some sort of ball carrier vision. Richardson reminds of of that blind ferret from the movie "Along Came Polly."

Just always running into everything.
  5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I hate the Steelers as much as anybody but ummm...
  6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Never met a Colts fan I liked.
  7. RavensShallBurn

5 great seasons does not equal HoF.

Ed Reed was durable and elite every season except the past couple.
  8. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I can't make the comparison as far as HoF is concerned. Young guy and have only watched a few that have been inducted. I'm just saying he's been pretty good in the past when we've played them. As much as I hate to admit it.

HoF? Not sure.
  9. The Hammer

The Hammer Out for a rip

That is the best path to the playoffs. Funk the wildcard. Go for the division. That is the safest route and may even be more realistic than the wildcard.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. RavensShallBurn

Lol... That's why I asked the question. He's been phenomenal at times. Never said he wasn't an amazing player for a long time. But was he elite for long enough? I don't know. I think it'll be a lot closer than people think... I guess he'll make it in eventually because he's a Steeler. Put a Titans uniform on him and he wouldn't have much of a chance.

And I'm younger than you, I assume.