The AFC Playoff Wildcard Race

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

With Denver or Kansas City likely to take one of the AFC playoff wildcard spots, the last one is still up for grabs, with no clear favorite(s). 7 teams are in the fight with at least 3 wins each, the leaders of the pack has 4 - JEST and Chargers, both teams we've beaten.

John Glennon breaks it down in this article, Titans is the only team above .500 in the conference of those 7.
    http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131027/SPORTS01/310270056/Playoffs-remain-possibility-Titans

Titans can only afford 2 losses the rest of the season, but it's not unlikely with our schedule. We have 3 straight difficult road games in Oakland (west coast trouble), Indy and Denver. Texans could've gotten their mojo back by end of December, but they'll have nothing to play for. The Jags games are trap games and we always seem to play down to their level. The last two games (besides the upcoming Rams game) is at home, hosting Indy and Cardinals. Indy is off to a great start, but they've just lost Wayne. Palmer is over the hill in Arizona and their defense is great, the offense is not so much - seem familiar?

TL;DR: Playoffs are still reachable, but no more blunders.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We can STILL take the South.......Indy is very beatable.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Agree. Peyton more or less beat himself. Kevin Vickerson also sabotaged their cause. I'm tired of the moral victory talk and trying to put a positive spin on all of our losses BUT we really were in contention to win every single game we've played this year. The 49er game got out of hand quickly but if you take away that Ayers penalty and it's a totally different ball game.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Right now, the Jets are 4-4 and the Chargers are 4-3, and we beat both of them.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We are in 8th place in the AFC right now. Jets and Chargers are the only two ahead of us for the 6th seed, and we have tiebreakers on them.

Like I've said, I like our chances at making the playoffs, and I definitely won't concede the division yet. There's no reason why we shouldn't go on a 4 game win streak coming out of the bye. Sweep Indy and the division should be ours.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Sweep Indy? They beat Denver and Seattle. Id be content just splitting with them...

7. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

And lost to Miami and San Diego.. They aren't unbeatable. They beat San Fran when they were struggling and have faced the more difficult teams at home (Denver and Seattle)

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

We should've swept them last year, and we were TERRIBLE last year.

We are a million times better than we were last year, and they're pretty much the same team IMO.

I wouldn't bet on us sweeping them, but we definitely can. Splitting with them probably won't be good enough because we'll probably lose to the Raiders (and of course Broncos).

Yea... I'm the guy who thinks we'll lose to the Raiders. They're just as underrated as we are, and we can't contain mobile QBs.

9. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

The Colts lost Wayne.

Their season is going to go downhill fast. I think we can easily sweep them now and take the AFC South.

10. RavensShallBurn

I don't think losing Wayne will be as costly as some are thinking, and I'm actually a little worried how our guys will matchup against DHB and Hilton... speedy guys, and I think we could get burned easily. Deep passes are Verner's weakness, so we gotta be weary of that.

We better crush the Rams and Jags and set the stage for the Thursday night game against the Colts... give our fans a reason to be pumped and keep LP Field rockin' all night.

This is the perfect game to show the nation that Jake Locker is a good QB and Luck is overrated. Let's get it done. If Luck plays like he did against us last year, we will embarrass them in both games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar