The Abraham trade is interesting

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

2. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

So does Denver...#15 and #22

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The draft just gets more and more interesting.

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

So the jets have #4 and #29, am i right?

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

This could be good news for us, cause if they want to switch spots with us, we could possibly get a 2nd or 3rd rounder out of him...

like jeff said, the draft is getting very interesting...

6. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Why would the jets want to switch spots with us? I think they would want they would be competing with us so they would want to trade with the Saints. I bet they just stay put though. They get whoever we don't pick, Leinart, Cutler, or Young. I don't they them trading up with all their options.

7. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Denver got a right trade there.. moving up TONS of spots for a 3rd and 4th rounder?

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

BiPolar - did you figure out that what he was saying was that Dinger came from Denver originally? He came to Tennessee from there.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Bongo suggested we would be going for two top 5 picks. That means, fellas, we don't trade #3 for #s 15 & 22 -- it means we trade McNair for those picks, I'm guessing.

He mentioned how close/friendly our FO is with that of the Jets and Broncos.

So basically, Mac either ends up in New York or Denver, if what he suggests may happen goes through.

FROM THE TOMB LAST NIGHT...

"Actually #15 and #22 together exceed the value of #4...1800 vs 1830...hmm could it be the Jets are stockpiling?? if they made the trade they would have 15, 22, 29, 35..4 great players at less salary than that #2 slot...I smell a deal to Denver" says one poster, to which Bongo replies, "bingo..........."

"what would say if the Titans wound up with two top 5 picks................it is possible. And the Jets and us have a nice history..................how's that for a heads up." -- Bongo

"I normally don't like trading the next year's 1st for this year's, but I would trade the next three years picks for 3 top 20 picks this year."

".................now youre getting hotter...................trust me there is alot cooking on the stove at BSP.................... "

"checkout this...............Jabe dealt...............jets are now 24.1 mil under...............and Denver also has room.......................the Denver HC and OC have big ties to our FO and to the Jets.............and Mangini is a BB clone.................and he is very tight with both the HC of the Titans and the broncos....................."

Sounds like McNair is going somewhere.

I'm guessing that if it plays out close to this, Broncos, who seem to like Cutler, trade with the Jets for #4, giving the Jets #s15, 22 and 29 and #35 in the first/second round. Since Mac and Dinger still don't like each other, I presume, and the Jets have now traded out of #4, we deal Mac to the Jets for two of those picks, probably the last two firsts (but who knows?). We then use those and a future #1 pick to pry, say #2 from NO or #5 from GB, both of whom have lots of holes to fill.

In the ideal, we get Leinart/Young (since the Broncos came for Cutler) with the first pick, and we take Ferguson with the next pick. In this scenario we either have #2 and #3 in the first, or we have #3 and #5. So even if someone takes Leinart in a trade with NO at #2, we still get Young, Broncos take Cutler at #4 and we get Ferguson at #5. Of course, if we get #2, it's probably Leinart/Ferguson (which is probably ideal without McNair, at least at first). If we can't shop the two late firsts, or whatever, to get back to the top 5, we still use those picks to move up as high as possible (as high as #10, possibly) and target either LenDale White or DeAngelo Williams. So we end up with either our future QB and the Brick (awesome) or our future QB and RB. Worst case scenario: We have three first-round picks, and use them on QB, OL and BPA.

Reese walks away with the "Genius of the Millennium" award. Volek starts the season (if it's Leinart, he'll see playing time for sure; Young, as needed). McNair gets a new multi-year contract (probably 4 years) from his new team (Jets) and Volek gets his wish to start. At the end of the season, he gets moved to a new team where he gets to start. Everybody's happy, and if it goes right, we get the player we need in the near future, and the player we need right now.

Whew. Took a lot to work through that. It's going to take quite a lot to pull that off, but I'm excited to see such a proactive mentality from our FO. That's a good sign the last two years are completely unacceptable. If all this is true, combined with FA, this would make us bar-none THE most aggressive team in the offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar