The 2015-2016 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dee, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Is it that hard to accept that Bama got beat by a better team? I guess it is for the delusional Bama/SEC fans. Leave it up to a Bama fan to claim OSU had an advantage because they had to start a 3rd string QB.

If Saban was a coach on Urban's level, he wouldn't be making nickcuses like the NFL draft grades having an impact on his players or that his players weren't motivated because it was a Sugar Bowl against OU.

Good coaches know how to keep their team motivated, other coaches make nickscuses.

I'm starting to think you have a good view of the inside of your rectum.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Leave it up to a Suckeye fan to discredit their "3rd string" QB when it suits them but hype him up the rest of the time.

I'm not sure if Nick Saban ever said that, that's more the observation from people who, you know, actually watched the game.

"My health is bad."
    "I need to spend more time with my family."
    "I was depressed."

Guess who all of that drivel came from?

I'm not a Suckeye fan so... nope!

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

"Wah! Bama wasn't rebuilding we beat one of the best Bama teams of all time!"

Pot->Kettle->Black.

4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

You're just making Yoda look more right with every response you post.

5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

You Suckeyes aren't doing yourselves any favors by keeping this going either. :)

Not sure I've ever seen a group of people get their panties in a wad so bad over concepts like a team having a rebuild year after winning 3 National Championships in 5 years or someone other than the starting QB being the best match up against an opponent.

'Sall good. Once the pressure gets to Urban (and the team is mostly future convicts) he'll start picking his eyebrows off of his face and then sputter some crap about his family and health and go back to being a talking head before taking a coaching gig in the ACC after a few years.

(To be fair, I am still waiting for Nick Saban to make another failed attempt at an NFL gig. And I really wish Auburn had hired away Kirby Smart after Chizik got fired).

#205 jplusip, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  6. Razorbacks

Razorbacks #WooPIgSooie

Not sure what youre getting at.

7. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Is Bama the only team that ever has to "rebuild?"

OSU had one returning starter on the offensive line, had a redshirt freshman QB who hadn't started a game since 5 games into his senior year of high school. OSU had one returning starter in the secondary, had to move it's nickel back to safety and then relied on mostly Freshies and Sophomores to fill the holes. OSU lost one of its higly touted DEs who led the team in sacks and TFL before the season even started. OSU lost Shazier who accounted for 55 percent of the LB tackles the previous year... not to mention losing Carlos freaking Hyde.

This is why OSU was supposed to be a year away.

OSU didn't make nickscuses, they grew as the season went, especially the Slobs after the VT game, and played as a motivated squad.

If Braxton or JT started the Sugar Bowl, OSU still wins and probably by a wider margin.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 8and8

8and8 Starter

You said that Bama last year wasn't the same squad as the previous years in response to my saying the BCS champs during the 7 year run might not have won in a playoff seeing how Bama didn't do it last year.

In a playoff would LSU have won? Auburn? Florida? Who knows...

9. 8and8

8and8 Starter

Nick's pride won't let him go back to the NFL unless he starts slipping at Bama. Kirby Smart's time is up, he's been fairly successful but the scheme doesn't appear to keep up with the evolving up-tempo game play that a lot of teams now use.

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

• Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar