The 2010 Official Reinfeldt is an Idiot Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

are you saying Samuel hates white people or poor people, or does he only hate poor white people?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah Stallworth is mainly concerned with finding a good spot to park his Bentley

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

2 defenders deep downfield would be a huge win for us. CJ + VY + Kenny Brittanica would have a field day. also, FA is deep in defensive players, so we dont need to "build thru the draft". basically... following my plan = CHAMPIONSHIIIIP

4. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

brittanica....is that new one? i haven't seen it anywhere....

i like it though!

5. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

yea kenny brittainica cuz he can school you in any subject

6. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

WE are so spoil he sign DONNY NICHKEY and you guys want more cheezusss.

We already have the player we all wanted.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

How do you "overpay for average talent" when the market dictates the price IN AN UNCAPPED YEAR?

Gee-like I really care about the Titans profit margin for Bud more than I care about the organization winning a Super Bowl.

Oh yeah and I see the value of paying Amano 12.5 million this year. If that wasn't overpaying for average talent idk wtf is. Donnie Nickey on his fifth contract for ST's? Nate Washington? Franchising Bo Scaife last year? There are numerous examples of our FO "overpaying for average talent". That is simply a relative term.

I agree in not paying a guy 10+ million per year when they are more hype than talent, but we are kidding ourselves if we think that is what our FO does. We needed to keep the OL intact so that POSITION need is why Amano got the big bucks. We also have a position needs at CB, LB, and DE. Will the FO spend some money for that with a 10+million dollar contract this year for those positions? Don't hold your breath.

So it isn't unreasonable, histrionic or over-reactive for fans to want the FO to spend some money on an experienced vet CB, DE or LB. And besides- just what else other than Bud's wallet gets hurt in the process with the cap gone this year?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Thank you...

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Because 2011 and beyond won't be uncapped? No top talent is going to sign for one season.

No. It isn't unreasonable if the talent is there for a player who has upside. But we're going to see some unreasonable things happen over the next 2-3 days. Peppers may see $100 mil plus and there will be fans here who will think that the Titans are idiots for not making that deal like they didn't for Haynesworth last year.

Go back and read threads around this time every year. Reinfeldt was an idiot for letting Travis Henry go, Bobby Wade, Jacob Bell, Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy, Brandon Jones, etc.

None were worth the contacts paid to them.

If you want, name me ANY free agent signed in the first three days of free agency who has actually lived up to their contact since Reinfeldt has been the Titans GM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar