The 2006 season, the real TRUTH!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hellblitzer, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Well lets all be realistic here for a bit and start at the end of last year. There was some really irresponsibie things that went down. And actually whoever it was that let it happen, Fisher or Reese one of them should be let go for it.

1. The intire Mcnair fiasco. When Steve redid his last contract Reese should have seen the liability in the contract when it came to Steve working out in this last pivital off season. There should have been a clause somewhere to prevent him being banned. I Agree with them holding onto him until be knew we had the QB of the future on the roster. I think this is on Reese!

2. The Volek misconception. Why did our coaching staff not already know what we had in Volek and he wasnt go to work out for whatever reason?????
    Fisher's fault!

3. Considering the above number 2 equation, you have to think they should have started Young alot sooner. If Young had started from day ONE I think he'd a had enough experience to pick up one or two of those losses we had that was so close. Think about it, the entire team got instantly energized everytime Young came into the early games. I know woulda, shoulda, coulda, but WHAT IF WE HAD WON ONE MORE GAME?

4. The field at LP? This is going to have to be addressed real soon. Playing at home is starting to be a disadvantage for this team. Everyone wonders why Young didnt take off more today, well the only real holes he had to run too were in the mud. Is it going to take a multi million dollar injury for the Titans to see this is a disadvantage and liabiality. If they can grow grass in Knoxville and Vandy we should be able to as well, or tell the city there wont be anymore music city bowls until its fixxed. TSU haveing somewhere else to play as well wont hurt. If you cant achieve this, put down the field turf ASAP!

5. Our FA pick ups were all very solid, hope we can do the same next season. I'd go after Samuals @ CB, TE via Gonzalas or trade to get a stud! WR needs to be addressed ASAP, via FA and draft. Roby, Orr and Williams shouldnt be on the roster next year, they should be replaced by better talent. Frist thing I'd do is sign all the FA's you want to keep. Get a better #2 QB and sign Bennett, Smith, Haynesworth, Jones, and some others to long term deals.

6. Pacman the playmaker? Well he has become one of the best special teamers in the league, and a true cover corner. You can tell that when other teams go after your replacement when you get hurt. If he can continue to mature and stay out of trouble this off season he'll be on his way.

In short this team has proven it had what it took to make the playoffs, and if there had been better coaching/FO decisions made It would have happened . If this team had won any one of the Miami, Jets, Ravens, or first Colts game we'd be making a road trip next week to see them play in the playoffs. This off season will be a very important part of next years success. Next year should focus on keeping the team together and keeping peace in the lockeroom. Vince Young is a leader, but he's going to need help to keep this teams charisma sparked and it thinking of winning. So get Vince Young some help! The future of this team looks bright. We need to retain certain persons who are responsible for our sucess. If were going to keep Reese, the decision needs to happen quickly. Fisher needs to be signed to a long term deal, even if it means giving him alot more control. Remember, were rebuilding still!

Superbowl Bound!

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are laboring under a misconception. I believe Fisher was fine with Volek, as he said so for a while. Uncle Bud wanted Vince on the field ASAP, so everything changed. I believe we could have made the playoffs with Volek, since we wouldn't have lost so many early games, but don't know how far he could have taken us. Different story now, so we just adjust.

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Nice post Hellblitzer

We were never going to pay him. The new CBA was still up in the air & basicaly we were just holding out for someone to come in & offer a draft pick. It was an embarrrasing low point but McNair & his agent knew the script about him not using our facilities. They were more than happy with the outcome.

Had Volek not lied to Fisher about being unable to practice due to being out of town & also blasted Chow to his face over his playbook, things might have been different.

It was another messy fiasco but Volek was no angel & the late addition of KFC was kind of forced on us.

He wasn't supposed to be ready to play for 2yrs or so.Had KFC not come in & suffered such a disastrous start he may not have been so willing to help in VY's learning process as a mentor. As bad as he was he's undoubtedly been a help to Vince Young.

Young learned on the fly & his weekly improvement was exponential but our O line was a mess until Pillar went down. Had he started from week 1, I doubt things would have turned out the way they did.

4. What's the deal with 0rr anyway, has he been injured all season, or, is he just not comfortable with the playbook?...

5. Nash

Nash Starter

Not sure we know what Orr has, since we didn't see him play... but clearly the Patriots respected B Jones enough to placed Samuels their #1 corner on him man to man all day... so they took away our #1 WR with their #1 corner and our TE and other receivers could not consistently get open.. Jones probably learned something from it, also if we have Samuel and Pac starting at corners next year it will be very difficult for any team to throw against us..

6. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

Woulda loved to have Kinney and Troupe healthy all season so they could get in rhythm with VY, Hartsock was IMO nowhere near they're level (Kinney's blocking and Troupe's athleticism)

7. I still think Scaife has a lot of potential, its gonna be interesting to see what Troupe does next year to prove he is a top player, wasn't he the 3rd TE taken in the 2004 draft, and Kinney's career is pretty much done...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar