The 1st Round Pick Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 11, 2010.

?
  1. Derrick Morgan

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. Kyle Wilson

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. Joe Haden

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Jason Pierre-Paul

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  5. Brandon Graham

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  6. Carlos Dunlap

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Earl Thomas

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. Rolando McClain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C.J. Spiller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

In many other threads there has been alot of discussion on who to take in the 1st round.

This thread is for all discussion of who to take in the 1st round. So Deuce Wayne and Austin Bill can yell at each other on Earl Thomas. Everybody else can discuss why JPP will suck. And Gut will come in and make an amazing post and everybody will high-five it.

So the question remains, with the draft approaching, who do you think and want the Titans to draft??

2. xpmar9x

Personally, if we stay at #16 - I would like Brandon Graham. I think Morgan/Haden will both be gone. Brandon Graham I would take over Kyle Wilson and JPP. Kyle Wilson is good, but we already have Finnegan as our #1. Then Rod Hood/Tye Hill have vet. exp. and both can play, plus we still have two younger guys in Mouton and McCourty that could develop to something. Plus there is alot of later round talent for returners.

I think JPP could be a bust. Haden and Morgan should be gone, both are NFL-Ready. C.J. Spiller would be interesting, but I don't think the Titans should waste a 1st round on a RB when they already have the best RB in the league. Maybe another team wants to trade up for him?? And I don't really want a LB (McClain, Kindle?, Weatherspoon) we already have 4 legit LBs.

So the Titans select:
    [​IMG]

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm going; other! ONLY because I somehow think we'll get Haynesworth back in Tennessee. I have no clue how we'll have to shuffle our draft around to satisfy the Redskins, but I want Haynesworth back bad. Maybe trade out of the 1st to gain more picks to still be able to grab one of those 'Washburn" guys that he'll groom and prep for a year or two. I like our expected starting DE's we have, but the depth is weak. So draft a DE in the 2nd that can add depth. We know we're not giving up a first rounder for Haynesworth, but maybe a 2nd/3rd in 2010 plus an early pick in 2011.

The reason:
    He's developed, he'll start, and he'll for certain be able to instantly improve our defense.

4. xpmar9x

Good thing I put other :) haha

Yeah if we get Haynesworth, we should draft Alex Carrington or Correy Wootton in the 3rd, if available. I think both these guys could be developed by Washburn. We should also use the comp. 3rd for a CB. I'm guessing if we trade for Haynesworth it would be for the Titans 1st.

I like this trade:
    Big Al and 2010 4th Round for 2010 1st round, 2010 6th Round, and Jovan Haye.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I went with Earl Thomas. I don't know why but I get the feeling that we're leaning more toward DB than DE. And if we're actually pursuing an AH deal this makes a lot of sense.

I think that Thomas will be too good to pass on at 16 if we stay here. My second selection here would be Sean Weatherspoon.

6. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

I think we pick Graham. Great motor, strong hands, probably the best first step in the draft, and fits our scheme the best.

Now if Morgan slides down I'd be ok with him. But the more I hear about Graham and the more I watch him, he seems to be the missing link to a young but Dline

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The safest pick in the draft at our spot: Brandon Graham

8. xpmar9x

Deuce I think the smartest pick would be: Derrick Morgan. But I think he'll be gone.

Why does everybody want the Titans to draft a LB in the 1st?? Big Time you would honestly want Sean Weatherspoon at 16. Why? We already have McRath, Thornton, and Witherspoon. Why would we need another, we have other needs much more important.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Morgan doesn't do much for me, and GT is my favorite team outside of Michigan. I think he'll be much like he was in college... just there. He'll have decent numbers, but he's never really going to jump out at you during a game as a difference maker. He's just like Michael Johnson from last year. Doesn't really have that impact player style. Just solid.

10. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

I would love Spiller, Bryant, or even Golden Tate but don't see it happening barring a miracle. Therefore I voted Kyle Wilson. After studying tape and with the questions regarding Haden's speed (still); I think Wilson IS the higher rated corner. None of the DE's give me an extra warm fuzzy except for Graham, but my logic is thus:
    Why take the 3rd of 4th rated guy at a position at 16 if we can hit the homerun and draft Wilson, Bryant, or Tate?
    The hypotheticals about reacquiring Haynesworth for a first are just that; hypotheticals. NO WAY we give up a first for Big AL, we are way too conservative. Now I can see us trading down, picking up a second and doing some sort of package but I just can't see us giving away a first in a talent laden draft without a second. I want Haynesworth back too, him on our D instantly raises our rankings at least 10-15 slots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar